Procurement and Contract Services Manager
- Experience Level
PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT SERVICES MANAGER
County of San Mateo
Human Services Agency
The County of San Mateo's Human Services Agency is seeking highly motivated professionals for the position of Procurement and Contract Services Manager. The successful candidate will have experience negotiating and executing agreements and contracts for services and strategic sourcing for goods. The candidate will be a self-motivated, highly analytical and strategic thinker with the ability to solve business problems and deliver insights that enable timely and effective operational decision-making.
The position will oversee a team of Procurement and Contract Administrative Professionals responsible for cross-functional teams of the organization that coordinate the development, execution and administrative monitoring of programmatic, administrative, facility, technological and other solicitations, procurement and contracts. The team analyzes programmatic requirements and needs to assist with the planning and improving existing processes. The position will provide leadership in the coordination and facilitation of planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting activities for Departmental agreements and purchases.
Working closely with the General Accounting and Audit Manager, the Procurement and Contract Services Manager will perform a wide variety of moderate-to-highly complex analytical and administrative support activities that have Department-wide impact. The Manager will assist Department staff with developing and monitoring solicitations and contracts for goods and services, procuring and supervising the procurement of supplies, equipment and services, assisting with the Request for Proposals (RFP) processes, and drafting procurement and training documents for Department-wide use. The Department enters into more than 800 contracts, purchase orders, Memoranda of Understanding and Grants among other Agreements annually. In addition, be responsible for administration, maintenance and system improvements in the Contract Management System (CMS), and act as a subject matter expert by providing support, training and expertise to users.
A background in the legal/paralegal field is an advantage. Strong writing, editing and analytical skills are critical. Because much of the work may involve reviewing the work of others, superior interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Possess increasingly responsible experience performing a variety of procurement and contract administrative duties in a large, complex public agency. Experience in a Social Services Agency is highly desirable, but not required.
- Have excellent communication, writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Be an effective communicator and relationship-builder and an effective collaborator with customer branches, staff and contractors/vendors.
- Be well-versed with relevant laws, regulations and policies that impact and/or regulate government procurement.
- Possess a commitment to maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in government procurement and contract administration.
- Be experienced in developing, negotiating, monitoring and amending complex private and government contracts, memoranda of understanding (MOUs) and RFPs for the procurement of goods and professional services.
- Have demonstrated ability to effectively address and manage contract non-compliance and disputes.
- Have the ability to efficiently and effectively use technology and resources to improve project workflow and process improvement for contract management.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with grantors, subcontractors, County staff, elected and appointed officials, the public and others.
- Have the ability to develop, monitor and analyze program performance, as well as plan, coordinate and implement administrative and programmatic research and analysis.
A typical way to obtain qualify is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, auditing, economics or business administration or other field applicable to the responsibilities and abilities required by the position, along with three years of increasingly responsible experience performing a wide variety of financial duties in a large, complex public agency.
Final Filing Date: January 17, 2019
To learn more about the position and to apply online, visit our website at http://jobs.smcgov.org. Applications are only accepted online. EOE