Class B Driver
- Experience Level
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Drive Food Bank trucks to make prompt deliveries and pick-ups of donations and complete the related paperwork in a timely fashion. Perform daily warehouse duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive commercial Food Bank vehicles to accomplish all donation pick-ups, product deliveries, Emergency Food Box delivery, and food drive barrel delivery/pick-up.
- Use material handling equipment (stand up forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) in a safe manner to perform all daily warehouse duties: receiving, storage, agency order pulling, salvage, produce sorting, and receiving.
- Maintain vehicle preventative maintenance logs.
- Maintain an organized and sanitary facility.
- Monitor equipment condition and maintain equipment logs.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Possession and maintenance of a clean California Class “B” driver's license with air brake endorsement.
- One year driving experience in the San Francisco area preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent with good basic math skills.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff and volunteers) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
PAY RATE: $22.92 / hour
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
**To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each of the essential job requirements satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.