Partner Resource Development Associate
1 day left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Position Location: Brooklyn, NY or Remote
About Center for Popular Democracy & Center for Popular Democracy Action (CPD/A)
CPD/A promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with more than 53 affiliates and partners across 131 cities in 34 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, DC and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD/A is a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
CPD/A seeks an aspiring development professional to serve as a Partner Resource Development Associate to support our efforts to build the fundraising capacity of each organization in our network and produce dynamic fundraising materials that showcase the leadership, impact and power of our network. The ideal candidate for this role believes that an abundance of philanthropic resources exists and that they play an essential role in ensuring that affiliates in our network are best positioned to attract and capture those resources. This is a new position on our Organizing & Capacity Building team that reports to the Director of Partner Resource Development.
The Partner Resource Development Associate will:
- Create dynamic content and marketing materials to support CPD/A’s ability to raise funds for affiliated organizations
- Work closely with the Director of Partner Resource Development to develop and manage content for an annual program of trainings (web-based and in-person).
- Help coordinate and deploy a small team of grantwriting consultants
- Review & edit proposals as needed.
- Provide prospect research on a robust portfolio of funders who have the potential to support the work of our affiliates
- Create and manage systems to track large scale data for fundraising needs assessment and evaluation
- At least 2 years experience working on a development team
- Exceptional writing skills (fast and nuanced with an eye towards compelling storytelling and grantwriting)
- Familiarity with U.S. philanthropy
- Appreciation for the creation and implementation of effective fundraising systems and structures
- Ability to work effectively with diverse learning styles and personalities
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial and economic justice.
- Some travel required
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.