- Experience Level
The Project Coordinator - External Projects will work closely with the Program Director to coordinate and implement local and national training, research, and capacity building projects for youth-serving institutions. Flourish Agenda seeks a driven and flexible Project Coordinator thrives in a fast-paced, growing and collaborative nonprofit environment. The successful candidate for this position can engage a range of individuals that work in the ecosystem that surrounds youth of color, including school administrators, educators, caregivers/families, students, and community-based organizations. They have strong outreach and engagement skills and are able to nurture and build on existing relationships. They understand the importance of transformative leadership development and healing centered engagement.
The Project Coordinator will manage the implementation of short- and long-term fee for service projects designed to foster racial healing and social emotional well‐being in children, youth, and supporting adults.
Design and Delivery of Client Engagements
The Project Coordinator will serve as the primary program manager for a range of fee for service contract and grant funded engagements, that range from half-day trainings to ongoing capacity building and research projects. Duties include:
- Design and independently deliver responsive client engagements that may utilize facilitation, assessment, training, consulting and/or coaching
- Develop and carry out comprehensive work plans and project timelines
- Track progress of goals, benchmarks, and client communication in customer relationship management platform
- Oversee all logistics, planning and materials for client engagements
- Ensure that project deliverables are met in a satisfactory and timely manner
- Ensure that CEO and Program Director are kept up to date about progress of largescale projects
- Coordinate the participation of the CEO, Program Director, and other staff when needed to fulfill deliverables
- Manage subcontract staff, including developing of scopes of work, supervising their work, and approving their invoices
- Manage of project budgets and expenditures
- Write and edit client reports and memoranda
- Develop program and policy recommendations based on practice and research
- Execute other related duties as assigned.
Other Organizational Responsibilities
- Participate in strategic and programmatic planning with staff and trainers to identify and implement organizational goals.
- BA required, MA preferred in education, social work, or related discipline
- Project/program management or coordination experience
- Experience as a facilitator, presenter, or trainer
- Some social science research and curriculum development experience
- Some knowledge and experience of early childhood, youth development, trauma informed approaches, and social emotional learning theory and best practices
- Solid knowledge of educational and social equity issues related to youth of color
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport and develop relationships with various constituents and partners, including youth, teachers, caregivers, and community based organizations
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to manage and implement multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to resolve issues that may come up.
- Ability to work some flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Experienced in using Macs and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Willingness to work in a start-up like environment
- Passion for and commitment to Flourish Agenda’s mission
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
The Project Coordinator works during traditional business hours, Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm. The position will work in our office in downtown Oakland, with the possibility of working some hours remotely.
The position requires occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as local and national travel for multi-day meetings, site visits, and retreats at least four time per year.
• $50,000-60,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience.
• Pre-tax medical expense reimbursement benefits
• Discretionary time off policy
Candidates should email a resume and cover letter that details specific qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: January 18, 2019
Flourish Agenda is a non-proﬁt organization that works with schools, youth serving organizations, foundations, and local governments to build and implement strategies that allow young people of color to flourish. We are the leading providers of healing centered tools, strategies, and research that are necessary to reimagine how systems more effectively support young people of color. Our mission is to transform how adults support young people. We imagine a world where well-being is at the heart of everything we do.
Flourish Agenda is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.