Events and Community Engagement Manager
1 day left
- Experience Level
Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research (Rally) is seeking an energetic individual that is eager to work in the non-profit arena and wants a career in development and events.
- all about the kids!
- mission driven and dedicated to investing in the best childhood cancer research
- a grassroots organization built on a foundation of accountability and powered by volunteers
- a fast-paced learning environment
- a close-knit team with an “all hands-on-deck” attitude
- open minded toward new, innovative ideas
- serious about working hard to make a difference and serious about having fun while we’re doing it!
Reporting to Rally’s Senior Events Manager, the candidate will also work directly with the Rally Pensacola Director and the Pensacola Advisory Board. The candidate must be a servant leader with strong strategic and logistical capabilities and is responsible for planning and executing signature fundraising events, managing existing community partners and development of new partnerships, execution of assigned Rally fundraising programs, including achievement of annual revenue goals and growth of the programs.
The enthusiastic candidate must have the flexibility to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial, agile environment. They must be committed to Rally’s mission and have a desire to serve our supporters and volunteers with compassion, integrity, and humility. This is a fast-paced, multifaceted opportunity for a candidate who takes initiative and wants to work hard while gaining unparalleled knowledge, experience and growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Oversee Rally Pensacola’s signature events
- Responsible for achieving revenue goals and growth
- Successful planning and execution of events, including venue selection, contract negotiation, logistical planning, run of show, budgeting, and marketing
- Manage standing committees for each event and cultivate new relationships by providing leadership, acknowledgement, material support, and assistance in building and implementing committee plans
- Track income and expenses in an organized and efficient way to ensure achievement of revenue goals
- Work with sponsorship chairperson, committee members, and Rally Pensacola Director to achieve sponsorship revenue goals and ensure benefits are properly fulfilled
- Train and manage volunteers at each event on event run of show, registration procedures, etc.
- Collaborate with Rally Pensacola Director and Pensacola Advisory Board on strategies for sponsor/donor retention and giving potential through an impactful run of show that engages and educates guests on Rally’s mission
- Develop of and provide oversight and management on new events.
- Manage Rally Campaigns and initiatives including Community Partners, Corporate Sponsorships, and 4 Quarters for Research
- Responsible for revenue growth and successful recruitment of veteran and new business partners, schools, and other groups.
- Improve upon current strategic plan for the program including an aggressive and engaging partnership development and sponsorship strategy.
- Develop positive business partner interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of Rally.
Salary range based on experience: $40,000-$48,000
- A Bachelors degree
- Minimum five year’s experience in event planning and/or campaign management as an employee or key volunteer in a leadership position
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Forward thinker; problem solver; organized
- Self motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and research skills
- An ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Professional demeanor
- Eagerness to learn
- A plus but not required: knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Available minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references.