- Experience Level
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Associate provides comprehensive administrative support to the organization. This position assists with general office management, provides regular bookkeeping duties, processes contracts, and helps to maintain the organization’s financial, human resources, and partner records. The Administrative Associate will play a core role in helping the organization run smoothly as we continue to grow and scale our work. We are a small team and new things come up all the time—the Administrative Associate should be resourceful and ready to dive into any new project that comes up!
- Serve as administrator for our new customer relationship management platform (Salesforce)
- Assist with customization of platform and reports, implementation, training staff, and troubleshooting
- Regularly update platform with our rapidly expanding base of supporters, contacts, tasks, and opportunities
- Take notes during staff meetings, record action items and next steps, and assign as directed in Salesforce
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls; assist with preparation of meeting materials and arrange catering as needed
- Assist in the creation of and maintenance of an operations manual
- Manage organization’s physical and digital filing systems
- Manage organization’s inventory of supplies and collateral materials
- Manage technology platforms and equipment
- Provide troubleshooting and other assistance
- Monitor IT backup systems and software
- Provide general administrative support including mailing, copying, filing, etc.
- Restock and order office supplies
- Assist with special projects or other duties as directed
- Reconcile monthly credit card expenditures
- Assist with annual audit and tax form preparation
- Process and file accounts payable, expense reimbursements, and accounts receivable on a monthly basis
- Assist with processing employee health expense reimbursements
- Record ongoing updates to Employee Handbook and organization policies
- Assist with employee on-boarding process, post job announcements, coordinate new hire paperwork, and maintain human resources forms
- Process contracts and gather paperwork for project/program consultants
- Process contracts for fee for service engagements
- Assist program staff with training and other events including ordering food, securing transportation and venues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and troubleshooting office equipment and technology
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a flexible team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work some flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Experienced in using Macs and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Willingness to work in a start-up like environment
- Passion for and commitment to Flourish Agenda’s mission
- Interest in educational and social equity issues related to youth of color
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
The Administrative Associate works during traditional business hours, Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm. The position will work in our office in downtown Oakland, with the possibility of working some hours remotely.
The position requires occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as local and national travel for multi-day meetings, site visits, and retreats at least one time per year.
- $45,000-$55,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Pre-tax medical expense reimbursement benefits
- Discretionary time off policy
Candidates should email a resume and cover letter that details specific qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 18, 2019
Flourish Agenda is a non-proﬁt organization that works with schools, youth serving organizations, foundations, and local governments to build and implement strategies that allow young people of color to flourish. We are the leading providers of healing centered tools, strategies, and research that are necessary to reimagine how systems more effectively support young people of color. Our mission is to transform how adults support young people. We imagine a world where well-being is at the heart of everything we do.
Flourish Agenda is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.