Community Outreach Coordinator
- Degree Level
Position Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Community Relations & Outreach
Location: Los Angeles – Echo Park/MacArthur Park
Announcement Date: 12/18/18, open until filled
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the diversity of our city and beyond. Every summer, 50 FREE concerts are presented at the Levitt Pavilion in MacArthur Park, featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers in a broad range of music genres and cultural programming. Since 2007, over 600,000 Angelenos have enjoyed the high-caliber entertainment at Levitt LA, bringing people of all ages and backgrounds together through the power of free, live music in a vibrant community gathering space. Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles is part of a national network of permanent outdoor Levitt music venues, each with the mission of building community through music. Learn more at levittlosangeles.org.
Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) seeks a motivated, highly-organized individual to provide comprehensive support in the areas of outreach and operations. The Community Outreach Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support for a broad range of community outreach and engagement activities for Levitt LA, both throughout the year and during the summer concert season in MacArthur Park. The Community Outreach Coordinator will play a key role in strengthening Levitt LA’s presence in the community and establishing relationships to support community engagement, audience development, and organization sustainability. The Community Outreach Coordinator will work with a diverse range of community leaders, members and organizations including schools, nonprofits, neighborhood associations, faith-based groups, local businesses, and government agencies.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for various aspects of on-site coordination of the Levitt Pavilion lawn area throughout the summer concert season and will be expected to attend every concert of the series, Thursday through Sunday evenings, early June through early September. Successful candidates will be bilingual (Spanish and English). This position includes general administrative responsibilities and provides daily support to the Director of Community Relations & Outreach.
The Community Outreach Coordinator position is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the power of the arts to activate public spaces and build stronger, more interconnected, and healthier communities. Levitt offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, with opportunities for professional development.
- Research and help identify outreach opportunities, including community meetings, community events, information distribution channels, partnerships with community-based and membership organizations, etc., to increase Levitt LA visibility and community participation
- Coordinate Levitt LA participation at community events and activities to elevate visibility for the organization and the summer concerts; represent Levitt LA at community events and activities, including coordinating volunteers and Levitt LA booth on-site
- Participate in community meetings, events and activities year-round to elevate visibility for Levitt LA and help advance the Levitt mission, including fundraising, volunteer recruitment, and outreach efforts
- Attend Neighborhood Council meetings, request Neighborhood Purpose Grants and track funding, including coordinate fulfillment of funder benefits
- Provide support to the Community Advisory Council and committees in implementing their outreach efforts and strategies; attend meetings and provide administrative support, including preparing meeting handouts, resource materials and taking minutes
- Support grassroots outreach activities throughout the Westlake District and surrounding neighborhoods, including distribution of promotional materials
- Assist with management of Levitt LA volunteers, including recruitment, training, scheduling, and support of volunteer tasks at the summer concerts; coordinate volunteer recognition events
- Regularly communicate and interface with community partners to track partnership deliverables, support their participation and coordinate their presence at the summer concerts, including overall scheduling of community partners
- Research, identify and help secure affinity groups to attend the summer concerts; regularly communicate and interface with affinity groups to support their participation and coordinate their presence at the summer concerts, including overall scheduling of affinity groups
- Regularly communicate and interface with concert sponsors to track sponsor deliverables, assist with implementation of sponsor activation, and coordinate their presence at the summer concerts
- Research businesses in the Westlake District and surrounding areas to help identify potential sponsors and in-kind donations
- Research and help secure raffle items to support outreach activities and strategies
- Assist in preparation of grant materials, sponsorship packets, community outreach packets, etc.
- Coordinate lawn activation set-up and breakdown at the summer concerts, including Levitt LA information booths, community partner booths, sponsor activations, Kidzone, various pre-concert activities, etc.
- Coordinate Kidzone throughout the summer concert season, including identifying activities and maintaining supplies
- Coordinate food & beverage vendors and food trucks at the summer concerts, including scheduling and tracking vendor requirements and deliverables
- Solicit restaurants to provide food & beverage donations for artist hospitality and meals for production crew, staff and volunteers
- Maintain tracking of Levitt LA concert stats, including attendance, earned revenue, on-site donations, vendor participation, sponsor activation, community partners, number of volunteers, etc.
- Maintain tracking of Levitt LA’s outreach efforts and activities and develop record of results to help evaluate the effectiveness of various outreach strategies; provide regular reports to organization leadership
- Maintain database of Levitt LA participants including community partners, affinity groups, volunteers, sponsors, Community Advisory Council, etc.
- Coordinate meetings, including location, set-up and hospitality, attendee confirmations, handouts and presentation materials, etc., for volunteer orientations and Community Advisory Council
- Coordinate mailings for donor appeals and fundraising events
- Provide overall administrative support for Levitt LA, including maintaining filing systems, databases, collateral inventory, venue supply inventory, outreach activities supply inventory, archiving, answering phones, etc.
- Provide assistance in developing processes and procedures to ensure efficient operations and systems for Levitt LA
- Provide daily support to the Director of Community Relations & Outreach in developing and implementing community outreach and engagement strategies; provide overall administrative support to the Director of Community Relations & Outreach
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Assist with special projects and initiatives as directed
- Bilingual Spanish and English, required
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong ability to effectively interface with the public, including culturally diverse communities
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse communities in Los Angeles
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills and ability to speak effectively to a variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong ability to manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with data management, a plus
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment and maintaining high attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and make adjustments when needed, flexible working style
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Engaging, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor
- Commitment to the Levitt mission of building community through music
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends throughout the year and all Levitt LA concerts throughout the summer months, Thursday through Sunday evenings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance required
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com with “Levitt LA Community Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
Position will remain open until filled.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health insurance and 401k. EEO/AW employer.