CPDC VISTA Member
- Experience Level
Apply now for a 2019 VISTA service position opening at CPDC. Are you interested in national service, affordable housing, volunteering as a mission-critical strategy for program delivery? If so, CPDC is currently recruiting for a VISTA Member to serve within our organization. We will be hosting a VISTA member from Feb 2019 - Feb 2020 to help expand our volunteer engagement strategy to deliver our best in class resident services model to a growing number of affordable housing communities in our portfolio.
To apply for the position, follow this link:
To find out more about VISTA service visit the CNCS website. For specific questions about how the VISTA member will impact CPDC, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public speaking or an interest in developing this skill
- Interpersonal skills (emotional intelligence)
- Strong organizational skills
- Case management experience (preferred)
- Communication both written and verbal
- Critical thinking
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Interest in, and ideally some experience working with, highly diverse populations of young adults from low-income backgrounds
- Previous experience recruiting, training, or coordinating volunteers a plus
- Attention to detail and experience organizing events
Required Terms of Service:
- One year of service: New positions begin February 1, 2019. The term of service will end February 1, 2020.
- Full-Time Service: Minimum of 35 hours per week, however, all VISTAs follow organization policies and likely will serve an average of 40 hours per week, with increased hours at times.
- Must be 18 years or older, successfully complete a National Sex Offender and fingerprint criminal history search, and be a US citizen or lawful permanent citizen of the US.
In addition to a modest living allowance, VISTA members are eligible for a Segal Education Award and federal non-competitive eligibility upon completion of their service. Follow this link to find out more about the VISTA position, stipend, and national service.
- Monthly Metro or parking benefit offered ($115/month)
- Mileage reimbursement for site-based and meeting related work
- Free gym access within Silver Spring office building
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility up to $29,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Silver Spring
- Direct Service / Social Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility up to $29,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Silver Spring
- Education / Teaching Philanthropy / Social Responsibility up to $29,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Silver Spring
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility up to $29,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Silver Spring
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility up to $29,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Silver Spring