Enrollment and Family Engagement Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Enrollment and Family Engagement Coordinator supports outreach efforts, eligibility and enrollment, and family engagement for the Alum Rock Unified School District (ARUSD) Co-operative Preschool at Painter Elementary.
The Program Coordinator reports directly to SOMOS Mayfair’s Family Resource Center Manager. The Program Coordinator is part of a team of five in working with families to access quality preschool education, eliminate barriers for enrollment and participation, support early childhood development and advance strategies for authentic parent engagement in the education systems under the cooperative model. The Program Coordinator will be charged with establishing and executing a seamless enrollment process; ensuring that protocols meet California Licensing standards; coordinating parent activities, participation and requirements; and connecting families to resources in the community. The Program Coordinator will work with the Program Manager to increase capacity in delivering our FIRST 5 scope of work while also continuing to align our early learning and literacy work with our community building strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities (approximate % of time & priority):
Family access, enrollment and attendance in the ARUSD CO-OP Preschool (30%)
- Develop strong processes and timeline that include outreach, enrollment, activities, curriculum implementation, evaluation, and continued family engagement;
- Execute an outreach and recruitment strategy with ARUSD partners to fill open preschool slots;
- Certify family eligibility based on established criteria and requirements, including verification of supporting documentation and house visits;
- Certify parent and child eligibility based on health and age requirements, including verification and interpretation of supporting medical and family documentation;
- Support, plan and monitor family participation requirements, including parent volunteer health requirements per California Law;
- Support Master Teacher monitoring family engagement and student attendance;
- Support families addressing barriers for participation in the Co-operative;
- Developed effective data collection systems and tracking tools, including a filing system demonstrating compliance with Alum Rock School District and California Licensing requirements.
Family Support and Engagement (35%)
- Establish productive working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, organizations, contractors and partner agencies to provide an engaging menu of resources and activities for participating parents;
- Develop and execute a calendar of activities and educational sessions;
- Monitor and support parent requirement to volunteer as Teacher Assistants;
- In partnership with the Program Coordinator, execute parenting and leadership development curriculum;
- Support home visitation component in partnership with the preschool Master Teacher.
External Relationships & Advocacy (15%)
- Establish productive working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, organizations, base school, school district and agencies to ensure and promote the long-term organizational mission and goals;
- Represent SOMOS Mayfair at meetings with stakeholders, partners and allies;
- Conduct critical community and stakeholder analysis to uphold and reconcile different interests impacted by ongoing organizing activities, tactics, and goals.
Impact Evaluation (15%)
- Participate in conducting SOMOS Mayfair’s annual survey to measure impacts;
- Ensure program evaluation tools are correctly utilized to measure impact with group participants;
- Conduct strategic evaluation of program area with support Program Manager biannually;
- Conduct strategic planning with leaders in program area as well as collectively in team to ensure program effectiveness, deep and sustainable impact and continuous growth.
Organizational Development (5%)
- Participate in agency wide decision-making arenas and in regular internal political education as needed;
- Contribute to the development of organizational world-view and development of strategic plan.
- Deep passion and commitment to advancing social justice in immigrant, working class communities;
- At least 2 years of experience in the early education field/nonprofit field;
- At least 2 years of experience managing enrollment, registration, medical or social services data, processes or protocols; and/or familiarity with California Licensing requirements;
- Highly organized and detailed;
- Familiarity in delivering FIRST 5 or other early learning programs, services and curriculums;
- Experience interacting well with young children and adults;
- Experience in public presentations and group facilitation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with a broad audience;
- Bilingual/biliterate Spanish-English OR Vietnamese-English required;
- Knowledge of community organizing, community leadership development or peer-to-peer service delivery models (ie. Promotor) in working poor, immigrant communities;
- Knowledge of popular education methodology;
- Knowledge of local community resources and agencies;
- Computer proficient in MS Word, Excel, Internet and e-mail;
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required;
- Fingerprint and background check required.
SOMOS Mayfair is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status.