Director of Youth Development
- Experience Level
Director of Youth Development (Graduate Support)
The Graduate Support Program at De Marillac Academy ensures appropriate academic, financial, spiritual, social/emotional and personal support for De Marillac Academy alumni. This support begins during 8th grade and continues throughout high school and beyond.
We are looking for a Director to:
• Further develop and implement a comprehensive, holistic program for our graduates and families that focuses on academics, community building, faith and character development, and behavior health.
• Develop and maintain external partnerships at various organizations that support our alumni.
• Work with all graduates as they strive to reach essential educational milestones, supporting them at their respective schools and fostering a commitment of service to others.
• Counsel families and graduates through crises, referring graduates to appropriate resources and providing effective clinical interventions, as needed.
• Oversee GSP data management through the utilization of cloud-based programs, using data to drive program enhancements.
• Maintain effective and efficient operations of the Graduate Support Program with the Assistant Director of Graduate Support.
• Advise and collaborate with the Leadership Team on school-wide and community-wide issues, engage in strategic goal setting and implement policies and practices based on the De Marillac’s institutional outcomes.
• Serve on the Student and Graduate Services Team to ensure continuum of service from 4th grade to achievement of the post-secondary degree or certificate.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, School Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy or equivalent field • Highly proficient in Spanish and English (writing, reading & speaking) • Minimum 5 years of experience working in a related field • Proven experience in data-driven decision making
• Qualified to clinically supervise MFT or MSW interns • Related work experience with underserved populations
The ideal candidate will possess relevant leadership, counseling and administrative experience; excellent relationship-building capabilities; strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish; flexibility; comfort with a variety of tasks; and a commitment to holistic, Catholic education. Ideally this individual has experience working with youth from underserved communities.
The Director of Graduate Support is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. Salary will be competitive based upon experience and qualifications. De Marillac provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement. De Marillac Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, has an institutional commitment to diversity, and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds. People of all faiths are encouraged to apply, but candidates must be comfortable with the Catholic tradition and faith-based education and activities that are central to the school’s mission.
MISSION AND VISION Inspired by the Daughters of Charity and De La Salle Christian Brothers, De Marillac Academy provides a lifechanging, accessible Catholic educational experience for the underserved children, youth and families of the Tenderloin and surrounding communities.
At De Marillac Academy, we believe that a neighborhood of residence and socioeconomic status should not determine a child’s access to quality education or ultimate success in life. De Marillac Academy’s holistic educational experience liberates students to lead lives of choice, meaning and purpose, breaking the cycle of poverty through education and transforming the Tenderloin and beyond.
THE SCHOOL AND GRADUATE SUPPORT PROGRAM An independent Lasallian Vincentian Catholic elementary school, De Marillac educates low-income, underserved children, youth, and families of the Tenderloin and surrounding communities through an innovative fourth through eighth grade school program and a dynamic Graduate Support Program (GSP) that continues through high school and beyond. De Marillac Academy provides a values-based, academically rigorous, tuition-free education to lowincome students from all faith and cultural backgrounds. De Marillac Academy opened in 2001 as an independent, Lasallian Vincentian Catholic school with a class of nineteen sixth-graders. Today De Marillac serves 120 students in the fourth through eighth grades, 299 alumni through the Graduate Support Program and 242 school families through our unique wrap-around clinical and family-support program.
Position: Open until filled Start Date: ASAP
Application Procedure: Please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references (including email and telephone contact information for each reference) to Principal, Chellsea Rivera at email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Education / Teaching Youth Development Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Youth Development Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Public Policy / Administration Youth Development Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Social Work / Counseling Youth Development Full Time jobs in San Francisco