Executive Director, Health Planning and Research
- Experience Level
The Bureau of Primary Care Access & Planning (PCAP), within the Division of Prevention and Primary Care at the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a City Research Scientist IV-B to serve as the Executive Director of Health Planning and Research.
During this period of change in health care system, primary care remains a key anchor to advance population health, but the landscape is evolving. PCAP drives policy, program and research that maximizes health insurance coverage and impact of primary care on population health for all New Yorkers.
PCAP is comprised of two offices: the Office of Health Insurance Services (OHIS), which implements community-facing programming, and the Office of Health Planning and Research (OHPR), which develops and implements policy and research activities.
The Executive Director of the Health Planning and Research manages a multidisciplinary team that uses research, data and policy expertise to monitor, evaluate, and influence the healthcare landscape in NYC. This includes attention to healthcare reform and emerging health delivery system transformation models. OHPR staff report on policy and programming related to barriers and opportunities to expand and improve insurance coverage and primary care access for all New Yorkers, with particular attention to marginalized populations. Specific OHPR program and policy areas include health care safety net and health system utilization and efficiency, prescription drug coverage and access, health benefit design, immigrant health care access and consumer engagement. A dedicated research team within this OHPR focuses on surveillance of primary care coverage and the state of primary care capacity in NYC, and other related analyses. The OHPR also collaborates closely with the Office of Health Insurance Services on reporting and evaluation, including health insurance enrollment activities conducted by PCAP staff.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMTED TO:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to health planning and research efforts, including alignment with bureau, division and agency priorities. This includes oversight of policy and research efforts related to health care safety net and health system utilization and efficiency, prescription drug coverage and access, health benefit design, citywide media and outreach enrollment campaigns, consumer engagement, health analytics, and evaluation.
- Execute analyses and review of health analytics, statistics, epidemiology and research study design and evaluation methods
- Assume a leadership role in writing, reviewing and overseeing development of policy positions, public communications, legislative and regulatory comments, briefing materials, presentations, scientific and peer reviewed publications related to bureau priorities.
- Supervise, mentor and advise four director-level, City Research Scientist reports within the Office of Health Planning and Research.
- Serve as an Agency subject matter expert on health system trends, programs and policies that impact underserved populations.
- Plan for, oversee, and lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of grants, funding proposals and demonstration programs, as applicable.
- Collaborate with other Divisions within the agency to identify and secure additional resources to support activities that may not currently be supported by city or grant funds.
- Manage and participate as needed on special initiatives at the division and agency level.
- PHD preferred
- Experience as a senior manager in non-profit, government or healthcare delivery systems
- Exceptional writing and review skills
- Proven knowledge of health analytics, statistics, epidemiology and research study design and evaluation methods
- Advanced knowledge in health economics and health care systems
- Excellent track record of peer reviewed publications and funding applications
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of complex federal, state and local health policy issues, emerging healthcare, access, benefit coverage and payment models, health care reform and its impact for New York
- Strong communication skills and ability to provide senior executives with concise updates on complex policy, data and research issues
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team with diverse members and produce high quality deliverables within tight timelines
- Highly organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Experience leading, developing and managing a multidisciplinary team of data, research, and policy staff
Apply online with a cover letter indicating that you found the position on Work for Good to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/
In the Job ID search bar, enter Job ID #375705
More searches like this
- Executive / Senior Management Healthcare $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Long Island City
- Health / Medical Healthcare $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Long Island City
- Public Policy / Administration Healthcare $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Long Island City
- Research Healthcare $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Long Island City