DIRECTOR OF PARK OPERATIONS
- Degree Level
Position Title: DIRECTOR OF PARK OPERATIONS
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
The Director of Park Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations, maintenance, safety and upkeep of all Piedmont Park Conservancy (PPC) owned and managed facilities, sports fields and recreational amenities as well as the majority of Piedmont Park’s grounds, landscaping and natural resources. He/she must work in collaboration with the City of Atlanta Parks Department and other key partners and neighbors on Park operation issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direction/management of staff, goal setting, budget development and P&L oversight:
Facilities and Grounds
- Develop/implement work processes that are best practices for the operation of a public space including the natural spaces, lawns, mechanical systems and buildings
- Coordinate with the Park’s Community Outreach Manager to help utilize volunteers (including skilled volunteers)
- Review/comment on (or supervise staff that performs said duties) all permit applications submitted to the City of Atlanta (event or film-related) so that they conform with City Parks rules and consider the care, upkeep and preservation of the park’s natural and man-made assets. Minimize event conflict wherever possible and recommend mitigation strategies if damage occurs
- Act as liaison to APD and Midtown Blue coordinating and supervising PPC’s security-related services and vendors
Programs & Facilities Rentals
- Coordinate with PPC Facilities Rentals Staff to ensure excellent care and upkeep of facilities and grounds maximizing rental revenue.
- Coordinate with Programs staff to ensure in excellent care and upkeep of the Active Oval, Basketball and Bocce courts and Aquatic Center and other Programming Facilities
- Manage the procurement of Operations related goods and services for the Conservancy. Solicit bids and directly supervise Facility and Grounds, and other Operations related contractors and vendors hired by PPC including but not limited to security, janitorial, recycling and other contracted services.
- Oversee park’s major systems including building mechanical systems, Aquatic’s Center, Legacy Fountain, irrigation systems and other assets
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
BA or BS degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in a related field such as horticulture, landscape design or architecture, urban land or parks management, facility and grounds management.
Proficient in Windows, MS Word and Excel. Georgia Pesticide License preferred. Experience in staff management, planning, procurement, landscape installation and maintenance, general construction, repairs and maintenance. Ability to prepare and manage an operating budget, performance reviews and P&L documents. Ability to work and negotiate with a variety of organizations, constituencies and individuals. Must be self-directed and able to manage multiple tasks.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. Able to work outdoors in various weather conditions for extended periods of time. When required, able to work weekend and evenings. Must be available to respond to emergencies.
Effect on End Result:
The Director of Park Operations will run the day-to-day operations of the park and the staff in a professional and efficient manner. The park will be clean, safe and well maintained which will allow park visitors to enjoy the park. Park patrons, visitors, the City of Atlanta and PPC members and supporters will be able to easily recognize the value and positive impact the Piedmont Park Conservancy has on the park.