- Position Type
- Full Time
Position Title: Program Director
Accountability: The Program Director is accountable to the Executive Director
- End-to-end Director of all medical cases.
- Developer and Cultivator of US medical provider network.
- Case management preparation: Ensure quality of all incoming cases
- Prepare adequate information on all cases.
- Proper review and acceptance of cases in conjunction with Medical Committee.
- Case management: Ensure quality, efficiency and effectiveness of all medical treatment cases
- Direct Management and supervision of case management staff; guide and support other involved staff, interns and volunteers.
- Arrangements for entry and exit to medical locations.
- Coordinate international travel including visas, airline tix & passports as necessary.
- Assignment and management of medical providers.
- Communications with medical providers, coordinators and host families.
- Documentation of each step in the treatment process.
- Close-out/transfer of cases back to home country.
- Recruitment: Continue to build “pool” of doctors and hospitals for new cases.
- Scholarships: Administer, monitor and find partners to support scholarship program.
- Regulatory Compliance: ensure compliance for the Program department including staff training.
- Education: develop and implement staff and intern training program and host family training.
- Budget: Develop, monitor and manage Program operating and restricted budget.
- Leadership team: participate in leadership team as appropriate, sharing responsibility for the overall success and well-being of the organization.
- Prepare cases for and meet with Medical Committee on a regular basis.
- Maintain statistics for Program department.
- Monitor goals and objectives for department.
- Report problems, successes, and questions to Executive Director.
- Ensure proper appreciation is expressed to all medical providers.
- Acknowledge in-kind gifts and ensure proper processing of all medical and travel related expenses.
Key Success Measures:
- Case quality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and proper documentation for each case.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of the treatment process for all assigned cases.
- Proper communication with all resources involved with each case.
- Maintain accurate data of each case.
- Retention and growth of the medical provider network.
- Effective communications with all parties involved in the case management process.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Interpersonal skills: develop and maintain positive relationships with patients, medical professionals, host families and co-workers.
- Management & leadership skills: provide direction & oversight to staff & leadership in a respectful, encouraging way, while maintaining standards of excellence & accountability.
- Verbal and written communication: excellent ability to communicate effectively, efficiently and appropriately for any given audience.
- Collaboration: thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Organizational ability, demonstrated experience in prioritizing and managing a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Passion for mission: strong heart-felt connection to serve and enrich the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of children from developing countries.
Must Have or Maintain:
- Medical experience or knowledge of the medical field and its practices
- Minimum of four years case management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Flexibility & Positive Attitude
- Team Player Commitment
Location: This is a full-time opportunity working on-site in the offices of Childspring International located in Midtown, Atlanta.
Travel: Doctor and hospital visits in Metro Atlanta, occasional visits to other treatment cities as determined; international travel might be possible in the future.
Language: Bi-lingual skills a plus, but not required
IMPORTANT: Salary expectations must be provided in order to proceed to interview.
How to Apply: Please send resume and salary expectations to Admin@childspringintl.org
Please state PROGRAM DIRECTOR JOB APPLICATION in the Subject line of your e-mail.