Information and Referral Manager
- Experience Level
Agewell Atlanta, a collaborative effort of Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta, Jewish Family & Career Services, Jewish Home Life Communities and Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta, has an exciting opening for an Information and Referral Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Information and Referral (I&R) Manager serves as a central information and referral source for the full continuum of aging services provided by the AgeWellAtalnta service network and works closely with the AgeWell Atlanta Manager on the day to day functions of the I&R implementation.
The I&R Manager will triage inquiries for aging services, programs and supports. Through pre-screening and consultation, the Manager will assist inquirers with making informed decisions that efficiently address the needs of older adults and/or family caregivers. The Manager will promote services and programs provided by AgeWell Atlanta partner agencies and facilitate referrals to those agencies. The Manager will also serve as an ambassador for AgeWell Atlanta internally among the partners agencies and externally to the community.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred area of study is social work, geriatric care management or related experience with business development in the healthcare market
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a human service delivery field, preferably with older adults
- Knowledge of community resources and services for older adults and family caregivers
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Sensitive to the unique needs of the population served
- Works well with limited oversight while identifying new markets to expand the AgeWell Atlanta brand
- Receive/respond to inquiries: perform initial telephone pre-screening to identify inquirer’s needs and barriers to accessing services and programs.
- Determine best intervention strategy, including if the inquirer/client should be referred to a case manager or geriatric care manager for more in-depth screening and consultation.
- Educate inquirer on options within the AgeWell Atlanta network then in consultation with the inquirer/client, determine if the identified needs can best be addressed within the cadre of services and programs provided by AgeWell Atlanta.
- Ensure a warm hand-off with the consent of the client to an AgeWell Atlanta partner agency: conduct a facilitated referral to the best and most appropriate service or program offered.
- If inquirer’s needs cannot be met by an AgeWell Atlanta partner agency or if the inquirer requests options outside of AgeWell Atlanta, make an external referral in the best interest of the client. Provide contact information for the “out-of-network” agency for the inquirer/client to initiate contact with the referred to agency.
- Follow-up: monitor and track referral sources’ satisfaction levels.
- Produce outcome-based reports on, but not limited to call volume, demographics, services referred/connected to, services provided, and on any other important metric identified.
- Communicate directly with case managers at the hospital, MD offices, vendors, services providers, community partners, and any other potential partners to promote effective outreach, marketing, business development and education to promote the AgeWell Atlanta brand
- Serve as a resource on all things aging related for the community and partner agency staff.
- Identify, through community partnership and collaboration, potential gaps in programs and services, reporting back to AgeWell partners, in order to strengthen AgeWell Atlanta’s continuum of aging services.