Director of Operations
- Degree Level
Position: Director of Operations
Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Non-exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000 with benefits and paid leave
Supervises: Gift Shop Coordinator, Bookkeeper and Contract Labor
Reports to: Executive Director
The Hudgens Center for Art & Learning is seeking a Director of Operations to manage all aspects of business operations, including but not limited to business accounting, payroll, human resources, financial statements, analysis budget planning and tracking, project accounting, admissions, membership, gift shop, general operations, education classes, camps, workshops, supplies, facility management, and computer network maintenance. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and communication skills in order to work effectively with staff, board members, contractors and stakeholders.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of the Leadership Team, the Director of Operations’ primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness through management of day to day business functions, facility maintenance and personnel. The Director of Operations directly manages and oversees employee scheduling, payroll, human resource management, financial reporting, analysis, budget planning and tracking. This position assists the Executive Director with developing and modifying the organizational chart, annual and departmental budgets, negotiating business purchases, contracts, insurance policies, service agreements and marketing strategies.
The Director of Operations assists staff with computer issues, events, planning, marketing and membership; coordinates facility maintenance; and works with the Gift Shop Coordinator to capture and reconcile revenue in monthly POS reports.
Working as a member of the leadership team, this position contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position prepares and presents reports to the Board of Directors, staff and community stakeholders.
This position reports to the Executive Director and supervises staff as assigned.
EDUCATION Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5 years of experience managing institutional budgets and budget processes; facilities; and operations
- Experience managing organizational effectiveness and operations management, implementing best practices
- Budget development and oversight
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple demands in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- Knowledge of standard principles and practices of business
- Knowledge and appreciation the organizational mission and business culture of Metro-Atlanta is preferred
- Experience with Square POS, Donor Snap, Active Network and Volgistics a plus
The staff of The Hudgens Center for Art & Learning is highly creative and collaborative and seeks a new staff member that is passionate and committed to furthering the arts in our community. The Director of Operations is an important part of The Hudgens Team and must clearly demonstrate a commitment to our mission.
Typical work week will fall Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30, with occasional evenings and weekends for conferences, workshops and special events. Monthly staff meetings and annual training/team building will be scheduled in advance and generally fall Monday-Friday.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Employment is contingent upon outcome of background investigation.
This position requires employee to sit for extended periods of time; occasionally bend, stoop, reach above their head, have use of fine and gross motor skills and work in close quarters; the ability to work on ladders; occasional lifting and moving heavy objects and boxes weighing up to 25 lbs; normal visual acuity at near and far distance with correction and hear the spoken word with correction; occasional exposure to inclement weather; and must be able to communicate effectively.
To apply, please send a cover letter, a resume or CV and a list of three professional references with contact information to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin January 7, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Arts / Culture / Humanities Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Arts / Culture / Humanities Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Arts / Culture / Humanities Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Facilities / Equipment Arts / Culture / Humanities Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Human Resources / Recruiting Arts / Culture / Humanities Full Time jobs in Atlanta