Director of Development and Communications
- Experience Level
Are you passionate about animals? Do you have 5+ years of development work that includes
creating and implementing fund-raising and marketing strategy and driving all development and public relations efforts of the organization including major gifts, special events, major donor cultivation and solicitation, foundation and corporate relations and planned giving? If so, bring your skills, knowledge, good humor, and experience to our team in Berkeley. Join us in this role as Director of Development & Communications and you will have the chance to bring our vision to build a new Adoption Center. A comprehensive job description is available on our website: www.berkeleyhumane.org.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent fundraising techniques.
- Ability to analyze revenue trends and explain results and make recommendations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to motivate fundraising and marketing team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and databases).
- Knowledge of animal protection issues and commitment to the objectives of the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 5 years of experience in marketing and development in a non-profit environment.
- Proven success in areas of individual and corporate giving as well as grant writing and funding.
- High energy, outgoing, team player, with a passion for Animal Welfare.
- Documented marketing, social media and event management experience.
Berkeley Humane offers 100% paid healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, life), discounts on veterinary care and pet supplies, paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 8 sick days.
If the position appeals to you and you meet the minimum requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.