Community Living Assistant - FT (Women's Services)
- Position Type
- Full Time
Community Living Assistant - FT (Women's Services)
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Community Living Assistant, you will serve within our ministry by creating a safe, stable, and healthy community while encouraging camaraderie and a sense of belonging among the clients.
This position works 2nd shift - 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Creates a stable environment
- Facilitates a healthy community living environment via modeling and encouraging healthy relationships
- Cultivates a living environment of collaboration, cooperation, pride and gratitude
- Supports and interacts positively with clients in residence as they pursue healing and restoration
- Resolves client conflict as necessary
Manages client documentation
- Ensures documentation is complete, updated in Salesforce and distributed to the appropriate team members
- Completes incident reports as a result of community living guideline infractions
- Records, updates and tracks client information utilizing client management database
- Provides basic documentation needed to facilitate client needs
Ensures a healthy and safe living environment
- Serves as liaison to Client Support Services regarding client community living concerns, needs, and emergencies
- Orients clients to the community living guidelines and facility living layout
- Ensures clients are caring for community spaces consistent with standards
- Meets clients’ basic, daily needs
- Conducts orientation of community living guidelines, facility layout and basic living classes
- Enforces guidelines in a manner that conveys Christian principles to our clients
- Attends mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong Crisis intervention skills
- Efficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Ability to serve as a personal coach on a one-on-one basis and group setting
- High energy and ability to engage others towards a common goal
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Employer PAID benefits for Full-time employees: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.