Partnerships Services Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Partnerships Services Manager serves within our ministry by managing and recruiting partners and volunteers that provide strategic support and services to Atlanta Mission clients and staff.
This position does require flexible work hours to include evening and weekend hours periodically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits and educates prospective partners and volunteers about our vision and their opportunity to impact those we serve
- Cultivates existing partner and volunteer relationships with regular check-ins, event-coordinating, and follow-ups
- Participates in team endeavors working cross-functionally to identify service needs and increase our department’s effectiveness
- Participates in key strategic partnership and volunteer functions including process development, initiative identification, and cross-functional opportunity implementation
- Researches possible solutions for key areas of need in regard to partner and volunteer services
- Responds to internal and external customers/clients inquiries promptly with clear communication
- Participates in the coordination of Volunteer Orientations
- Manages scheduling and service opportunity initiatives
- Coordinates and executes off-site and onsite major service events in conjunction with partners and volunteers
- Participates in Partnerships team activities as needed
- Attends Mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Computer proficiency with MS Outlook, Office and Word; familiarity with web-based systems/client-management databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation
- Self-motivation and ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
You will possess the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A or B.S..) from four-year college or university; or two plus years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Problem Solver
- Highly Relational
- Strong Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Customer Orientation
- Flexibility/Adaptability to change
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator and computer printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must have the ability to maintain close and distance vision
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during events
- Occasionally exposed to environmental fumes from plants near work location
- Moderate noise as in a business office environment
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.