- Experience Level
San Francisco SafeHouse
San Francisco SafeHouse seeks an Executive Director who will provide outstanding leadership to the organization’s efforts to provide a nurturing and healing community for homeless women surviving sex trafficking, prostitution, and sexual exploitation.
San Francisco SafeHouse (SafeHouse) was founded twenty years ago and is an 18 to 24-month transitional housing program for women seeking to escape sexual exploitation, prostitution and sex trafficking. SafeHouse offers a full array of support services to enable residents to reclaim their lives and achieve independence. We provide a nurturing and empowering community through the use of trauma informed care models and individualized survivor centered treatment plans. SafeHouse has staff coverage 24-7 with 6 full-time clinical and professional staff, one part-time finance staff and 6 part-time residential counselor staff.
We are in the process of opening a new day program (the Hope Center) which will provide case management and recovery services to adult homeless women escaping sexual exploitation and still living on the street. The program will be based in the Tenderloin and will offer gender-responsive services in a safe and welcoming space that prioritizes equal access to resources as well as dignity and respect. Similar to our transitional housing program, the Hope Center will provide participants with intensive case management, mental health services, recovery support, groups, educational resources, job training and referrals to housing. The day program will initially have 3 full-time staff.
We also provide asset management oversight for an affordable housing project in the Tenderloin through our sister organization, San Francisco Network Ministries Housing Corporation (SFNMHC). SafeHouse and SFNMHC share a board and staff, operate under a single budget and prepare a combined audit. We are exploring the possibility of merging the two organizations to increase efficiencies.
The annual operating budget for all three programs is projected to be approximately $1.2 million for 2019. For more information, please go to www.sfsafehouse.org
The SafeHouse Executive Director will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight and direction for operations and programs during this period of growth. The Executive Director will:
- Work with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Provide leadership and overall direction by completing and implementing a strategic plan that includes measurable goals and a timeline.
- Provide tactical leadership for programs and financial sustainability.
- Foster an organization that has a core culture of professional excellence, collaboration, respect and inclusiveness while nurturing and supporting all members of the team.
- Communicate with the Board in a timely and accurate manner so the Board can make informed decisions.
- Ensure effective planning and evaluation practices that align staff and Board.
- Lead a development and fundraising strategy to diversify the organization’s revenue streams.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with foundations, corporations and individual donors to develop a strong fundraising pipeline and donor base.
- Maintain and grow the organization’s government contracts portfolio.
- Act as the SafeHouse spokesperson at public and private events.
- Be an advocate for our population internally and externally.
- Advocate for policies, laws and initiatives that support our clients and our mission.
- Be responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, including submitting a proposed annual budget and accurate monthly statements to the Board.
- Assure that SafeHouse operates within the approved budget and maintains a positive financial position.
- Ensure that resources are used with maximum effectiveness and efficiency in the best interest of clients and staff.
- Work with senior staff to continue current programs, enhance and add programs.
- Ensure professional development so that SafeHouse continues our leadership in creating comprehensive and effective programs that support our unique client population.
- Recruit, motivate, guide, develop and retain staff with the experience and skills to continue the success of SafeHouse.
- Continue the culture of compassion and teamwork.
- Update all internal systems as needed including but not limited to data management, payroll, communications, technology, human resource reporting and fundraising.
- Oversee management of facilities and ensure regular maintenance, repairs, and improvement of all buildings.
- Prioritize capital improvements and support infrastructure enhancement.
- Work with the Board of Directors to complete the Hope Center as per the strategic plan.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in one or more of the areas of sexual exploitation, homelessness, transitional housing, or domestic violence.
- A passion for addressing the needs of our client population and obtaining successful outcomes.
- Ability to implement measurement tools to evaluate the impact of SafeHouse’s programs.
- History of successfully leading, as Executive Director, CEO, or as part of the management team, an organization during a period of growth.
- Senior nonprofit management experience including: budgeting, program development and fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to convey a vision of SafeHouse’s strategic future to staff, Board, volunteers, donors, the community and public.
- Experience with successfully managing government contracts, grant writing and reporting.
- Experience building and supporting a Board to shepherd an organization through a phase of growth and transformation.
- Skillful ability to interact with a wide range of individuals, including but not limited to government officials, community leaders as well as staff, clients and survivors.
- Experience creating a work environment which promotes inclusion in all its variations and derives value from clients’ and other peoples’ different perspectives.
- Excellent presentation, writing and public speaking skills.
San Francisco SafeHouse is an affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including survivors, people of color, women, persons with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or intersex are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please respond via email to email@example.com
- In the Subject line of the email put your Last Name and SafeHouse.
- Include your resume and a cover letter your LinkedIn profile URL if you have one.
- Applications will be accepted until December 15, 2018.
- Your candidacy will be held in the strictest confidence.
By applying for this position, you agree that you have read this Position Announcement and this notice: All applicants will be considered. Only those whose skills and experience most closely fit the requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us, we will keep your resume on file. We will not release your resume or contact information without your permission. Thank you.
Janssen & Associates Recruiting