Charity Chapter Director
- Experience Level
Speedway Children’s Charity
Atlanta Chapter Director
The Atlanta Chapter Director is responsible for the overall operation of all aspects of the Speedway Children’s Charity Chapter. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Applicant should be a highly motivated individual with a strong passion for helping children in need. Beneficial employment history should include event organization and management, corporate and local sales and experience with non-profit charities. Applicant should have strong organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks, an outstanding personality with great leadership and motivational skills.
Speedway Children's Charities History -
Speedway Children's Charities was founded in 1982 by Bruton Smith, Executive Chairman of Speedway Motorsports, Inc., as a memoriam and legacy to his son, Bruton Cameron Smith, who passed away at a very young age. Speedway Children’s Charities includes eight chapters located at SMI owned speedways across the country. Charlotte, North Carolina is home to the Speedway Children’s Charities National Office. Because of the unique conditions in every community, the issues and organizations Speedway Children's Charities assist with are determined locally. Funds raised are distributed to children's related charities and organizations. Although priorities for Speedway Children's Charities are set by each local chapter, all have one common goal - to ensure every child in need be given the tools to build a better, brighter and healthy future.
Position Overview -
Candidate will oversee the day-to-day operation of Speedway Children’s Charities (SCC) Atlanta Chapter office. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Working with Board of Directors to assess, create and direct fundraising opportunities and events.
• Coordinating fundraising event committees.
• Coordinating Atlanta Chapter activities with National SCC office.
• Selling SCC event sponsorships.
• Creating and maintaining of SCC annual and event operating budget and year-end financial reconciliation.
• Coordinating Atlanta Chapter Board of Director meetings.
• Processing monetary transactions in accordance with SCC standards relative to SCC National Board and 501(c)(3) regulations.
• Oversee annual SCC Grant application process from review of applications through the distribution of Grant funds.
• Promotion of SCC and SCC events through public speaking opportunities and digital, social and media outlets.