West Regional Director
- Experience Level
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
Responsible for representing the Parkinson’s Foundation in the community, the Regional Director will focus externally on core mission delivery, fundraising and being the face of the Parkinson’s Foundation for donors and their communities. Has oversight of Parkinson’s Foundation service delivery, fundraising and external relations within an assigned region or geographic area. Is accountable for achieving performance targets for the Region, including mission delivery, fundraising/revenue and expense targets, and donor cultivation. The Regional Director has primary responsibility across the region for achievement of fundraising goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fundraising (35%): In conjunction with the Development Managers, the Regional Director is responsible across Region for achievement of fundraising goals. Acts as the region's chief fundraiser. Develops and grows financial resources within Region, ensuring adequate and diversified financial resources. Leads and participates in strategies to raise and leverage funds, including working with Regional and local Boards. Works with Vice President, Field Development to establish Regional revenue and expense budgets.
- Management (25%) Responsible for delivery of overall targets/goals of the Region including any directly assigned staff. Responsible for strategic and operational management/oversight of reporting staff including the effective delivery of mission programs; meeting fundraising, revenue and expense targets. Responsible for hiring, managing and evaluating any Development Managers within Region. Provides regional oversight and support of any Development Managers within Region. Identifies opportunities for sharing knowledge and resources between Regional staff and provides access to best practices and training opportunities available through national headquarters.
- External Relationships and Partnerships (25%): Responsible for building strong relationships with key donors, volunteers and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents to further the Parkinson Foundation mission. Work in close collaboration with Major Gift officers.
- Volunteer Development (10%): Builds strong collaboration and consensus environment between all staff and volunteers. Manage regional and local boards. Recruit and train local volunteer leaders.
- Internal Communication (5%): Keep abreast of all internal policies and organizational initiatives. Ensure ongoing on consistent communication with both regional staff and national team. Provide weekly reports on performance to Vice President, Field Development.
- Additional assignments as required to fulfill the Mission of the Parkinson’s Foundation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Must have a valid drivers licence.
- Four-year college degree (BS/BA) or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in the profit or not-for-profit sector in business, sales or corporate administration.
- Proven track record in raising significant financial resources.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of direct management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective work teams and build consensus within the organization and community.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgments in complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability for strong communication and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
- Travel is up to 45% as required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “West Regional Director” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.