Director of ECE Business Support Services
- Degree Level
Job Title: Director of ECE Business Support Services
Supervisor: President and CEO, Quality Care for Children
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000 annually
The Director of ECE Business Support Services is responsible for the quality, development and ongoing management and implementation of Quality Care for Children’s business support services for child care programs. Business support services are designed to help child care programs operate sustainable businesses so that they can continue to provide quality child care to children in their community. Current business support services fall into three major categories: resources provided through the online Provider Resource Hub, training in business related topics, and the provision of on-site and/or group training and technical assistance, including assisting in implementing child care management software. The Director will supervise one staff person (Manager, Provider Resource Hub/ ECE Business Coach) and will work collaboratively with QCC’s program staff, leadership team, and community partners.
Specific Responsibilities Related to Program Components:
Provider Resource Hub
- Work with the Manager of the Provider Resource Hub (PRH) to ensure that improvements and enhancements to the PRH are made according to schedule
- Work with QCC’s program and marketing staff to develop and implement strategies to increase PRH membership and usage
- Analyze membership and usage data for evaluation and planning
Child Care Business Training
- Ensure that provider training needs in human resources, finance, and marketing are met per grant deliverables, personally providing training in one or more areas of business expertise
- Oversee training contracts and identify additional community-based business training opportunities for child care programs
Business TA for Child Care Centers
- Work with QCC staff and the project advisory committee to recruit child care centers to receive automation grants and business TA
- Working with child care management software vendors to provide assistance to child care centers in converting to automated systems and using data to make sound business decisions
- Pilot on-site business TA based on the iron triangle metrics
Support for Family Child Care
- Work with QCC program staff and the Professional Family Child Care Alliance to establish and support a family child care marketing cooperative, assisting family child care providers in developing and implementing marketing plans
- Work with the Professional Family Child Care Alliance to promote quality family child care and to catalog local ordinance barriers that impact the growth of family child care
- Manage project budget
- Conduct data analysis and forecasting
- Steward a project advisory committee
- Work collaboratively with partners
- Manage and support staff (1.5)
- Meet all funder reporting requirements
- Lead on-going evaluation and assessment of the program
- Contribute to the long term vision and planning of QCC’s business support services
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in managing business operations of child care programs. They will have a demonstrated commitment to sound business operations and the provision of quality child care services. They will have the knowledge and personal characteristics required to establish trust with and provide training and coaching to child care Directors and owners who may have a strong background in child development, but little training in business. This individual will be leading a pilot program and will need to be thoughtful, flexible, and strategic as we determine the most effective ways to support child care programs in operating with sound business practices.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Business Management, or related field. Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in child care management /operations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience working with excel and with child care management software
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to be approved as child care trainer in Georgia
- Personal transportation required and available to work occasional nights and weekends
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequent driving.
- Occasionally standing for 2 hours or more.
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status or disability in employment.
To Apply: Please e-mail HR@qualitycareforchildren.org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list ECE Business Support Services in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.