Program Support Coordinator – Residential Programs
- Degree Level
Position: Program Support Coordinator – Residential Programs
Reports To: Director, Residential Program
Department: Residential Programs
Location: Tucker, GA
Job Summary: The Program Support Coordinator ensures that services and day to day support to the young adults help them develop a higher level of independence, while providing support to the Education Coordinator, Life Coaches, and Transitional Support Workers. The Program Support Coordinator also supports clients with life skills training, spiritual life development, support and guidance so they may attain educational, vocational and employment opportunities.
- Provide individual spiritual care to youth and families.
- Assist youth with their physical, economic, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and daily life skills development.
- Provide individual care and guidance consistent with the needs of the youth and families.
- Provide transportation to church on Sundays.
- Develop programs for youth and families to address spiritual needs.
- Connect with local churches to provide tutoring, mentoring, and other support to our youth and families
- Host programming for youth and families.
- Assist in determining and recruiting volunteers for programming.
- Plan monthly programming calendar for youth and families.
- Maintain necessary reports, records, and documentation pertaining to life skills development for youth and families.
- Engage youth and families in spiritual activities in the community.
- Work with the Education Coordinator to assist the TLP and ILP youth with the development and implementation of a career plan to include the youth’s interest, strengths in school visions for career and personal life and opportunities for career and work experience.
- Work with the Education Coordinator and ILP youth to identify tutors as needed or applicable.
- Support the TLP and ILP youth with attaining educational goals.
- Connect ILP and TLP youth with local industries and employment programs so that youth will have the opportunity to explore career opportunities and develop a plan to achieve their career aspirations.
- Offer job search training in areas such as resume’ writing and interviewing.
- Attend all staff meetings as applicable.
- Maintain confidentiality and other responsibilities listed in governmental laws and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Work with Life Coaches and other Transition Support Team to develop and implement a service plan with clients, and attend meetings as required to review client progress.
- Teach clients life skills including but not limited to; self-care, daily living tasks, communications, budgeting, community living and socialization, community mobility.
- Assist clients in establishing and maintaining involvement in community recreation and productive leisure time activities.
- Encourage the spiritual growth of each client by connecting them with spiritual resources on staff or in the community.
- Provide schedules, routine environment and engagement for youth in the program.
- Complete required record-keeping and documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the organization’s policies and procedures, and demonstrate support of the mission, vision and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human service related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children with emotional or behavioral problems required.
- Experience working in a faith-based setting promoting growth in spiritual life.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Successful completion of all required Criminal Background checks.
Essential Demonstrated Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership qualities to attract, develop and retain youth in our programs
- Knowledge of social services, record keeping, reporting requirements and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and foster good working relationships
- Ability and willingness to follow deadlines and/or complete assignments/trainings as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and accuracy
The Children’s Home offers a competitive salary and benefits package that may include:
- Major medical, dental and vision coverage
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness program including YMCA access
- Paid company holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Retirement plan with employer matching contribution
Please, no phone calls and no third party recruiting agencies. Due to the volume of applicant submissions, we sincerely regret that we are unable to respond to each inquiry. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning details and next steps.