VISTA Volunteer Coordinator
- Degree Level
Job Title: VISTA Volunteer Coordinator
Focus Area: Resource Development
Reports to: Managing Director of Resource Development
Status: Full Time/AmeriCorps VISTA
Start Date: February 19, 2019 (1 Year Service Term)
About the AmeriCorps VISTA Program: This position is offered through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Founded in 1965 as Volunteers in Service to America, VISTA is a national service program designed to fight poverty in America. AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and assist low-income communities.
More information about AmeriCorps VISTA and the program’s benefits can be found here: www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista. AmeriCorps VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents age 18 and older. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
The LAA's VISTA Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training, placing, and serving as a point of contact for the hundreds of volunteers who serve with us each year. This VISTA project will build capacity of the organization to support programs, events and activities through the development of sustainable volunteer recruitment, volunteer training and volunteer management and tracking the progress of efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, retain, train and manage volunteers through the LAA's volunteer program
- Recruit, schedule and supervise volunteers for large-scale annual events including Latin Fever Ball, Companeros Luncheon, Latino Youth Leadership Conference, Women's Conference, and Career Expo
- Track volunteer efforts through the Salesforce database
- Recruit and manage volunteers to support the LAA's annual marquis events and to build capacity of the LAA departments and programs to deliver services
- Build capacity of the LAA programs to deliver critical services and supports by increasing in-kind contributions secured through volunteer-led activities
- Complete and submit weekly activity logs
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Professional demeanor and confident presentation skills
- Exceptional presentation and written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
Compensation: This position is offered through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Compensation includes a living allowance of approximately $12,000 annually and education award ($5,000) or end-of service stipend ($2,500). Other benefits include health benefits and, if applicable, compensation for child care and relocation assistance.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Apply online at the AmeriCorps VISTA website: https://bit.ly/2QqhEz2