VISTA Corporate Relations Coordinator
- Degree Level
Job Title: VISTA Corporate Relations Coordinator
Focus Area: Economic Empowerment
Reports to: Managing Director of Economic Empowerment
Status: Full Time/AmeriCorps VISTA
Start Date: February 19, 2019 (1 Year Service Term)
About the AmeriCorps VISTA Program: This position is offered through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Founded in 1965 as Volunteers in Service to America, VISTA is a national service program designed to fight poverty in America. AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. They focus their efforts to build the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and assist low-income communities.
More information about AmeriCorps VISTA and the program’s benefits can be found here: www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista. AmeriCorps VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents age 18 and older. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
The LAA's VISTA Corporate Relations Coordinator will work to help ensure that Latinos in Atlanta and beyond have access to the vital resources they need to adapt, integrate, and thrive as members of the larger community. The goal of this VISTA position is to build capacity of the LAA's economic opportunity department by enhancing the menu of services available to both corporate partners and job seekers and increasing access to job opportunities and bilingual job candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network with community members and stakeholders to expand the LAA’s contacts and relationships
- Work with program staff to optimize administrative process for managing the LAA’s language programs to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Identify new earned income opportunities to support the work of the LAA’s economic empowerment focus area and strategies for increasing revenue from existing fee-based services
- Seek partnerships with area colleges and universities, new and existing LAA corporate partners, and other businesses within the area.
- Work with the Economic Empowerment department to develop events and workshops that enhance the menu of employment services to clients, by bringing in companies for corporate recruitment events and job fairs
- Increase corporate participation in LAA's annual Career Expo
- Build capacity of the Economic Empowerment department through revenue-generating corporate access to the LAA's Spanish classes
- Complete and submit weekly activity logs
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Professional demeanor and confident presentation skills
- Exceptional presentation and written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
Compensation: This position is offered through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. Compensation includes a living allowance of approximately $12,000 annually and education award ($5,000) or end-of service stipend ($2,500). Other benefits include health benefits and, if applicable, compensation for child care and relocation assistance.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Apply online at the AmeriCorps VISTA website: https://bit.ly/2E11mak