Director of Development
- Degree Level
Director of Development
Muslim Advocates seeks an experienced and passionate professional for a full-time Director of Development position. S/he will lead and manage all aspects of the organization’s fundraising activities to ensure that Muslim Advocates raises the annual and special funds it requires in order to fulfill its vital mission. The Development Director will manage a growing team and collaborate closely with senior staff and board members.
The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director. S/he will be an integral part of the organization, serving as a member of the senior team and working closely with the Executive Director and the Development Committee of the Board of Directors. Duties include evaluating the organization’s annual financial needs and budget; directing strategic participation of key staff and board in development activities; working with staff to prepare and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual development status reports; managing a growing development team; managing a portfolio of major donors and foundations; and other duties.
Muslim Advocates (MA) is a leading national legal advocacy and educational nonprofit organization that works on the frontlines of civil rights to guarantee freedom and justice for Americans of all faiths. Muslim Advocates has an annual revenue of $3.6 million. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org.
This position is based in our Washington, DC office.
Muslim Advocates seeks an individual with the following skills and experience:
- 4 to 7 years of senior leadership experience including a demonstrated ability to manage and mentor diverse teams
- At least five years of relevant experience in nonprofit philanthropic development
- Experience in social justice, civil rights, interfaith, and/or American Muslim nonprofits preferred
- Success in raising significant individual gifts ($25K or more), corporate and foundation support
- Adept at dealing with sensitive political and social situations
- Experience preparing budgets and producing reports (updates and projections)
- Willing and able to travel up to 25 percent of the time
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and a demonstrated interest and commitment to the organization’s mission
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest, skills and experience. Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please copy and paste this link to apply https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/iddIAPBrGF/Director-Of-Development.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities. Job applicants and current employees are evaluated solely on their ability, experience, and the requirements of the job.