Youth and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Experience Level
Job Title: Youth and Community Engagement Coordinator
Job Concentration: Health & Nutrition
Department: Youth and Family Engagement
Reports To: Director of Youth and Family Engagement
Classification: Non-Exempt-Full Time
Benefits: Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
401(k) plan, vacation, sick, and holiday pay
KidWorks, a well-respected community development organization located in central Santa Ana, restores at-risk neighborhoods one life at a time and serves over 1000 children, youth, and parents every week through preschool, after-school tutoring and enrichment, leadership development, and community engagement and advocacy. To learn more, please visit http://www.kidworksoc.org
Reporting to the Director of Youth and Family Engagement, the Youth and Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for organizing, motivating, and mobilizing youth and adult residents to engage in their community, participate in civic, educational, social, environmental, and health advocacy. He/she will coordinate the Health and Nutrition programming and support youth in their policy work. The Coordinator completes various duties related to the Santa Ana Building Healthy Communities (SABHC Website) and the Santa Ana Health and Nutrition (SAHNA) action team, including supporting the implementation and expansion of a Youth Empowerment Network in Central Santa Ana, connecting youth and adults with civic engagement opportunities, developing and preparing leadership trainings and workshops. In addition, the Coordinator works on special projects as assigned by the Director of Youth and Family Engagement.
POSITION ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates youth meetings, focus groups, study sessions, and community forums
- Develops trainings and presentations alongside youth
- Assists Director of Youth and Family Engagement in the coordination of guest speakers, workshops, and trainings
- Assists youth in developing policy reports and prepares presentations for city council, school board and elected officials
- Collaborates with existing partners in health and nutrition policy efforts
- Works on special projects assigned by Director of Youth and Family Engagement
- Maintains records, writes, and submits a monthly report to Director of Youth and Family Engagement
- Serves as a positive role model for youth
- Other duties related to the position as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in community engagement and organizing.
- Knowledge of public policy, urban planning, food & health justice and sustainability.
- Bilingual in Spanish-English
- Social Media Usage (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Ability to navigate and communicate effectively on multiple social media platforms
- Ability to operate typical office equipment
- GIS mapping technical skills highly desired
- Attention to detail and organization
- Must have reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed). Valid CA driver license. State required automobile insurance coverage.
- Position may require work on some Saturdays and some late nights
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your résumé and a cover letter. Please write “Youth and Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. Please forward electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response.