Facilities Manager

Employer
Sandy Springs Recycling Center
Location
Sandy Springs, GA 30350
Salary
$12-15 per hour, based on qualifications and experience.
Posted
Nov 29, 2018
Closes
Dec 29, 2018
Position Type
Full Time, Part Time
Degree Level
Associate
Willingness to Travel
Not willing to travel
Experience Level
Management

KEEP NORTH FULTON BEAUTIFUL/SANDY SPRINGS RECYCLING CENTER 

Keep North Fulton Beautiful (KNFB) is non-profit organization that provides environmental education and conservation programs to the communities of Johns Creek and Sandy Springs. We have served our community since our formation as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 1984. We also operate the Sandy Springs Recycling Center, a community drop-off recycling center. Our employees enjoy a casual, flexible, team-focused workplace.

POSITION DESCRIPTION

Facilities Maintenance Manager, Recycling Center Overview: The Facilities Maintenance Manager is responsible for upkeep of the building and grounds of the recycling center, focusing on making our community’s recycling facility an attractive, friendly, clean, efficient, and well-organized site for our customers to visit. This position maintains the grounds, keeps the property tidy and organized, and performs additional functions as needed, including janitorial services, sorting materials, greeting customers, collecting fees, driving the forklift, and supervising court-ordered community service workers.

This position is a part time position, with the possibility of becoming full time for the right candidate.

Key responsibilities and tasks include:

·       Maintenance of the appearance and cleanliness of the Recycling Center, including weekdays and occasional Saturdays

·       Minor repair of building and equipment

·       Lawn and yard maintenance to maintain a neat and tidy appearance

·       Clean interior of building, basic custodial duties

·       Handle recyclable materials and preparation for vendor pick up

·       Supervision of court-ordered community service workers; monitoring sign-in and sign-out of workers/maintaining time logs; training and orientation for new community service workers, and enforcing rules and regulations

·       Provision of an easy and comfortable experience for our customers

·       Assistance with center-wide events and other support functions such as recycling drives, special events, and special projects

The successful candidate will have:

·       A positive attitude and an extraordinary ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of demographically diverse individuals, from all ends of the socio-economic spectrum, with varying levels of education and ability. A friendly and outgoing personality is a must for working directly with customers to make sure that their needs are being met.

·       Operation of a forklift; candidate must either be forklift certified or be willing to become certified (employer will cover cost of certification for the right candidate); additional operation of heavy machinery, including a baler and crusher

·       Must have a valid driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle

·       Be a non-smoker in a drug-and alcohol-free environment

·       Physical Demands: Requires lifting and carrying objects up to 70 pounds regularly; tasks performed primarily by standing /walking 90% of the time, sitting for the remaining 10% of the time; the ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions, as the position requires being outdoors a majority of each day; ability to bend, stoop and reach above the shoulders

·       Must be able to pass a complete background check

This position is an hourly position, approximately 20 to 40 hours per week. We are open to this position being either part-time or full-time for the right candidate.

* *This position will remain open until filled.

Job Type: Part time, usually Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, possibly leading to full-time

Salary: $12-15/hour, based on qualifications