- Experience Level
Camp Kudzu, Inc
Position: Medical Coordinator Position Status: PT
Grade Level: Location: Headquarters, Atlanta
Camp Kudzu educates, empowers and inspires children living with type 1 diabetes. The organization conducts some of the largest and most well-respected diabetes camping programs in the United States, primarily devoted to Georgia’s children, teens and families. Please visit www.campkudzu.org for additional information.
The role of the Medical Coordinator is to assist the Medical Director in oversight of medical portion of camp programming and education. The individual will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing and onboarding medical volunteers for our impactful Summer overnight camp programs. During time spent at camp programs, the individual may also be responsible for overseeing menu planning and developing nutrition information for menus and supervising nutrition team volunteers while at camp. Other tasks include but are not limited to managing medical supply inventory and ordering, recruiting medical volunteers and maintaining pharmaceutical vendor relations. The person in this role will report to the Medical Director.
- Ability to plan well balanced meals and publish accurate nutrition information.
- Experience with camp setting and diabetes management.
- Experience in implementation of diabetes education and self-management training.
- Ability to comprehend and implement Camp Kudzu policy and procedure.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize pending projects appropriately.
- The ability to communicate in both written and verbal form in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to function and adapt in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where accuracy is essential.
- Familiarity with database management.
- Ability to edit and produce professional documents including but not limited to menus, allergen information and Excel spreadsheets for inventory purposes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage medical supply inventory, medical supply ordering.
- Manage in-kind donation requests for medical supplies and all documentation for such donations.
- Recruit and interview medical volunteers.
- Maintain pharmaceutical vendor relations.
- Screen camper applications for special medical needs, both diabetes and non-diabetes related.
- Recruit, train and supervise Dietary Team staff members.
- Plan menus and develop carbohydrate counts and allergen information for all camp sessions and ensure menu items are available and appropriate for children with special dietary needs (including but not limited to food allergies, celiac disease, vegetarianism/veganism).
- Assist with assessment, specifically measures related to medical and mental health benefits of diabetes camp.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Health Science, Nursing, or other related field.
- Must hold current registration and state licensure as RD/LD, RN, or LPN.
Camp Kudzu, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V.