Community Engagement Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
The East Bay Community Law Center (EBCLC) is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as its Community Engagement Manager. Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Community Engagement Manager works cross functionally to manage EBCLC’s client reception team focusing on all aspects of initial client engagement with EBCLC and coordinate with EBCLC’s program areas to ensure EBCLC has strong community visibility. The Community Engagement Manager uses their communication, management and organizational skills to share the organization’s mission, vision, core values and strategic direction with external community groups and partners while ensuring the highest level of customer service to individual clients.
EBCLC is a non-profit legal services organization and the community-based clinical program for Berkeley Law School, committed to increasing justice through education and advocacy and building a culturally diverse workplace, centered on equity. With over 70 staff, 150 law students, and an $8 million annual budget, EBCLC is the largest provider of free legal advocacy in Alameda County, providing multimodal, collaborative, and holistic legal services to over 5,000 clients yearly and engaging in legislative and policy advocacy at the local and state level.
- Develop and oversee an effective program of non-legal volunteer and work-study opportunities in support of all aspects of EBCLC’s operations
- Work collaboratively with EBCLC’s program areas to coordinate an organizational overview and schedule of existing outreach and education activities, as well as to improve and enhance these efforts
- Respond to community inquiries for outreach and education activities, coordinating with EBCLC program areas, and develop and implement opportunities to further promote EBCLC services through presentations and events
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to evaluate EBCLC’s organizational outreach strategy and identify and develop partnerships with mission-aligned organizations that enhance program outreach and education, especially to marginalized communities
- Document and report outreach and engagement results in order to evaluate the impact of the advocacy strategy in the community
- Work collaboratively with Development on communication content and strategy in support of greater community engagement goals
- Manage and supervise the client engagement team to provide the highest level of reception, resources, and information for clients seeking EBCLC services
- Ensure the client engagement team is appropriately staffed, including overseeing staffing and training needs for regular staff, work-study students, and volunteers as appropriate
- Ensure referral information is maintained and updated regularly to reflect internal program changes and the most current external resources
- Update and maintain resource lists that support organizational programs such as, but not limited to, interpretation and translation services
- Work with the Director of Operations to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the client engagement team in meeting client needs; strategize and implement identified performance and process improvements
- Play an instrumental role in the expansion of client reception and intake services
- Minimum 2 years of administrative and client service experience, ideally in a social or legal services organization
- Knowledge of strategies and best practices in community building, outreach, community relations and capacity building
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of process improvement, decision making, staffing, planning, and analyzing information
- Strong coaching and team building skills
- Enthusiasm for client services that reflect a client-centered, community-driven and culturally responsive approach
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and emotional intelligence, including the ability to work under pressure in an empathetic, patient, and professional manner, both independently and as part of a team
- Experience or training in organizational equity, diversity and inclusion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail; ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of, or direct experience working collaboratively with individuals from all sectors of the community, including people with physical, mental, and emotional disabilities, people in crisis, low-income people, people of color, law students, attorneys, and service providers
- Bilingual language skills a plus
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary for this exempt position is $55,000 - $75,000 based on number of years of prior relevant experience, as dictated by the EBCLC salary scale.
Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) for employees and their dependents, life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays); EBCLC also offers flexible spending accounts for qualified health, dependent care, and commute expenditures; and retirement options. Professional development support includes membership in the relevant local, statewide and/or national associations, attendance at relevant conferences, as determined by EBCLC’s professional development policy and budget.
Interested applicants should submit application materials by email to email@example.com (include “Community Engagement Manager” in the subject line) no later than Sunday, December 23, 2018. Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis and may schedule interviews before the closing date. Application materials should include a cover letter, resume, short writing sample, and names/contact information for two professional references.
EBCLC is strongly committed to advancing justice through education and advocacy, and the need to transform legal services and legal education. Additionally, EBCLC is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace centered on equity and providing an inclusive, welcoming, and culturally responsive environment for all staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. To achieve this goal, EBCLC works actively to improve our office climate, systems and structures, communications, and community engagement to create an inclusive and respectful workplace that acknowledges and values differences.
Please take time to review EBCLC’s mission, vision, programs, and website, and ensure that your cover letter reflects how your background, experience, and expertise have prepared you to be successful in performing the responsibilities of the position. Please also address how your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural responsiveness and diversity amongst our staff.
We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. EBCLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal justice system, or any other basis prohibited by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Crime / Legal-related Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Customer Service / Retail Crime / Legal-related Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Direct Service / Social Service Crime / Legal-related Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Marketing / Communications Crime / Legal-related Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Program / Project Management Crime / Legal-related Full Time jobs in Berkeley