- Experience Level
Are you ready to join a great team? If you are a reliable, dependable individual that genuinely cares about the PAWS Atlanta mission, this may be the job for you!
PAWS Atlanta Bookkeeper Position
Working at the direction of management, perform daily bookkeeping, accounting and reporting tasks to support management and staff. Develop personal routines to ensure the various tasks get performed on a regular routine basis and in a timely and correct manner. This position will also be requested to perform non-routine analyses and tasks as needed to support the business, management and the staff.
List of Responsibilities
This list is intended to provide a good sense of the responsibilities of the position, however it is not intended to necessarily be a full comprehensive list of all tasks and responsibilities that will fall upon this position as the business and this position evolve.
- Gather bills from various locations and sources and input into correct Quickbooks account/class.
- Monitor Accounts Payable to help ensure vendors are paid timely and assist with preparation of checks for payment as needed.
- Monitor credit card charges and enter into Quickbooks.
- Ensure credit card account is paid timely each month to avoid interest and penalties.
- Obtain information from team members as needed regarding daily donations/transactions, review to ensure proper accounting, identify and resolve any differences, and enter into Quickbooks.
- Perform daily deposits and a daily Quickbooks update to account for banking activity.
- Perform monthly online Sales Tax filings and payments, and account for in Quickbooks.
- Enter biweekly payroll into ADP and record in Quickbooks.
- In connection with payroll, enter new employees and independent contractors as needed, make changes to employee addresses, bank accounts, etc
- Distribute annual W2’s and 1099’s from ADP to employees.
- Enter donations into Salesforce and generate acknowledgement letters.
- Two years of bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks.
Please note, we are a small team, so a positive, "help each other" work ethic is a must. PAWS Atlanta offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, sex or age.