Director of Senior Resources - Novato, CA
- Experience Level
The Director of Senior Resources works closely with the local Covia staff and nonprofit partners to support existing senior outreach programs (Social Call, Well Connected, and Market Day) and develop new programs to extend the service area. Determines additional needs of seniors in the service area and develops means to meet those needs.
- Builds relationships with local cities as well as with other organizations currently providing senior services.
- Fields information and referral questions from seniors and/or their families.
- Problem-solves and coordinates services for seniors.
- Promotes Social Call, a friendly visitor program to serve seniors.
- Publicizes senior services to organizations, through written materials and presentations.
- Provides support for Well Connected, an innovative program which provides classes and socialization for frail elders through free telephone conference calls.
- Promotes Market Day program which provides fresh fruits and vegetables to low-income seniors for sale at wholesale prices. Provides quarterly activities, researches local need and determines appropriate locations for Market Day.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to support programs and services.
- Supervises 3 hourly employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public benefit programs
- Experience and comfort level working in self-managed, independent work environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with clergy, staff, congregation, and seniors in the community
- Creative and an innovative thinker
- Cultural awareness and desire to work with low-income, older adults
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Drive a motor vehicle
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 or more years experience in community relations or program coordination
- Valid Driver's license
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Novato
- Home Health Aid / Senior Care Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Novato
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Novato
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Novato
- Social Work / Counseling Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Novato