Regional Major Gifts Director Eastern TN
- Experience Level
Major Gifts Regional Director Eastern Tennessee/Kentucky
The Salvation Army has an outstanding opportunity for a Major Gift Fundraising professional in the Eastern Tennessee/Kentucky area to expand their skills and grow with one of the oldest and most successful development programs in the United States.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, basic needs assistance, children’s programs and many other programs.
This fundraising development position will:
- Raise funds to enable the Mission of The Salvation Army by aggressively developing and nurturing current and prospective donors including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Respond to inquiries and communicate with donors, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers
- Be responsible for designing, revising, and implementing a giving plan for every donor in their portfolio in order to reach an annual production goal
- Travel often (some overnight) throughout the assigned territory of Eastern TN and KY (Territory includes: Knoxville, Chattanooga, Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol, Chattanooga, Cookeville, Crossville in TN and Richmond, Middlesboro, Ashland, in KY)
The successful Major Gifts candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (prefer a related field of study)
- Three years of Majors Gifts experience or a combination of related skills and experience – Major gifts experience is preferred
- Prior experience with a donor/contact management system
- Proven success raising significant funds from individual donors, foundations, and corporations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing relationships with the expressed purpose of causing a prescribed action outcome.
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, full health, dental and life insurance coverage, retirement, professional development, reimbursed travel expenses, and paid time off!
Although this position has a work from home office, the incumbent must live in the travel area.
For consideration please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.