Digital Advocacy Officer
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Digital Advocacy Officer manages and executes all of Muslim Advocates’ online advocacy, education and engagement initiatives, including web site management, social media growth and engagement, email management and email list growth.
This hire will be based in our Washington, DC office and report to our Public Advocacy Director. The Public Advocacy Department is the communications and campaigns arm of Muslim Advocates that engages with the public, visions and executes public pressure campaigns, and grows the public profile of the organization.
The Digital Advocacy Officer will be our internal expert on best practices for digital communications, engagement, and advocacy, and will be comfortable taking on a full range of tasks, from the high-level to the mundane, in building the capacity of the organization to create change. We’re seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented professional who is comfortable working collaboratively across departments and can thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drafts and distributes compelling campaign content including emails, social media posts, landing pages and actions to engage supporters and grow our organizational footprint.
- Manages all of Muslim Advocates’ online properties, including a new Wordpress web site (which is currently in the design phase) and social media properties in collaboration with key stakeholders and consultants.
- Manages and executes the organization’s email and social media editorial calendar.
- Manages and executes, in partnership with development staff, the organization’s email engagement, online fundraising, and list-growth plans.
- Designs shareable images, videos, infographics, and other content using Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, or similar software.
- Oversees the visual branding integrity of the organization.
- Oversees and executes, with relevant stakeholders and consultants, the online advertising efforts of the organization.
- Work experience: At least 2-3 years of experience in online organizing, web site management, social media management, email advocacy, and/or online fundraising at an advocacy organization.
- Skills: Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong editing skills required; proven ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment with great attention to detail. Proficient with website troubleshooting and basic coding with HTML and CSS. Initiative, energy, and judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; highly organized and interest in civil rights issues. Can-do spirit and a sense of humor.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest, skills and experience. To Apply, copy and paste this link: https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/7mFPfw71Um/Digital-Advocacy-Officer Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Muslim Advocates:
Muslim Advocates is a leading national legal advocacy and educational nonprofit organization founded in 2005 and operating in Oakland, CA and Washington, DC. Our mission is to use legal advocacy, policy engagement, and education to promote and protect equality, liberty and justice for Americans of all faiths, and to promote the full and meaningful participation of Muslims in American public life. For more information, visit: www.muslimadvocates.org.