Community Education Coordinator
- Experience Level
In partnership with the DeKalb Solicitor’s Office, Men Stopping Violence is seeking to hire a full-time position to coordinate a new community project. This position will be housed at and supervised by Men Stopping Violence and will be limited to the length of the project, which is 36 months. The goal of the project is to educate and motivate the membership of the Decatur Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi to integrate gender violence prevention in to its already strong mentorship program and provide a summer internship experience for rising seniors that will prepare them to be leaders in the work of ending sexual violence on college campuses. Responsibilities include:
· Work collaboratively with senior MSV staff, in consultation with Kappa Alpha Psi, to create policy and procedures for ensuring the quality and integrity of the summer Internship programs.
· Develop and revise Internship policies and procedures as needed over the course of this project.
· Provide leadership and direction in the areas of individual assessment and progress for the interns engaged in the program.
· Coordinate all activities of the interns, including individualized meetings with senior staff, 24 week classes, Internship discussion groups and other trainings.
· Support the development and presentation of education sessions and discussion groups for Kappa Alpha Psi.
· Maintain a positive relationship with victim serving agencies for the purpose of ensuring a mutually beneficial experience when interns attend their training and other programs.
· Research appropriate websites and other resources to support the Internship program.
· Coordinate production of program material and informational articles.
· Work with project partners to assess the effectiveness of the Internship program.
· Maintain database of interns for purposes of evaluation.
· The Community Education Coordinator will coordinate ten Because We Have Daughters sessions.