Education Program Manager
- Experience Level
About John Burton Advocates for Youth
John Burton Advocates for Youth is dedicated to improving the lives of California’s most vulnerable children, including those who are homeless, in poverty and in foster care, by providing direct support today and developing policy solutions for tomorrow. JBAY works in three key areas– housing, education and health. The Education Program Manager implements the agency’s education work across the state.
This position will be based in JBAY’s San Francisco office.
- Provide direct technical assistance to partnering organizations related to strengthening high school to college transition and improving college success for foster and homeless youth.
- Convene stakeholder learning communities to support the dissemination of best
- practices, promote peer learning opportunities, develop regional approaches to service delivery and engage stakeholders in policy change.
- Organize and deliver in-person and web-based trainings relevant to project goals.
- Create written products including project outreach materials, technical assistance publications and newsletter articles.
- Coordinate activities with a variety of stakeholders including public agencies, school
- districts, post-secondary institutions, community-based organizations, foundations and elected officials.
- Develop and deliver presentations regarding the initiative goals at conferences and events.
- Support the implementation of bi-annual Blueprint to Success conference.
- Support data collection efforts related to tracking progress towards initiative goals and prepare project evaluation reports.
- Identify and develop policy solutions to systemic barriers and assist with efforts to enact legislative and administrative policy changes related to project goals.
- Interface with project funders as requested and prepare periodic grant reports.
- Develop and implement strategies designed to achieve project goals.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and other JBAY team meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Higher
- Education, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience required.
- This includes experience working in higher education or in the area of high school to college transition, specifically with first-time or low-income college students.
- Experience in child welfare or other related social service fields will also be considered.
- Strong writing skills, organizational skills and oral communication skills essential.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with a wide range of partners.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the organization and project.
- Able to travel regularly throughout California, including overnight travel once a month or more.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt and at-will position. JBAY provides full benefits including health/dental, paid leave time and 401(k) plan. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume with specific information about current/previous experience along with salary requirements. Position will remain open until filled.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Public Policy / Administration Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco