- Experience Level
About the Water Funder Initiative
The Water Funder Initiative (WFI) helps water philanthropy develop better strategies, coordinates between foundations, and mobilizes new funding toward the field’s most important needs. A lean team with diverse expertise and a proven track record is executing the project, working closely with foundation representatives and other water experts. More information is available on our website: http://waterfunder.org/
The Program Assistant’s role is to provide administrative and operational support to help advance WFI towards its strategic goals. This position plays a vital role in team resource management, meeting planning, as well as the execution of high-level convenings. Note: This position is currently structured as a 50% time position.
The Program Assistant will work closely with WFI team members on:
Meeting Scheduling & Support:
- Calendar management: Manage complex scheduling and preparation for internal WFI team meetings and in-town weeks (a regularly scheduled series of in-person WFI meetings), as well as external meetings with WFI partners (meetings with funders, working group meetings, etc.)
- Meeting support: Help develop and share materials (agendas, support documents, etc.) in advance of WFI meetings.
- External relationships: Develop productive staff-level relationships with WFI partners to help efficiently plan and execute meetings and events.
Event Planning & Execution:
- Event planning: Coordinate logistics for high-level convenings, including the semi-annual Water Table meetings, with VIP speakers, experts, and foundation leaders.
- Event staffing: Support WFI staff in executing events, making sure logistics run smoothly and participants have required materials.
- Logistics: Assist with organizational administration and support, including making travel arrangements, booking meeting space, and taking notes/minutes during meetings.
Candidate Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- An interest in making a difference in the world through impactful water philanthropy;
- Attention to detail;
- A client service and team player attitude;
- Experience in operations that are relevant to this position; and
- Experience working in philanthropy or environmental issues, and/or with high-level VIPs a plus.
As a dynamic start-up initiative, WFI is flexible in structuring this position to fit the specific needs of the right candidate. The position is currently structured as an at-will, part-time (50%) role and considered non-exempt for overtime purposes. An excellent benefits package is available that may include health, dental, vision and prescription coverage, disability and life insurance, and a retirement plan.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to shape how philanthropy responds to one of the defining global challenges of the coming years. It offers significant opportunities for growth through a diversity of challenges to be solved. The position is with a solid team with strong leadership. This role will provide opportunities to access a wide network of funders, organizations, and experts, and build relationships with the leading water philanthropists, develop connections across the field, and craft a start-up effort that will continue to benefit the field immensely. Pay is commensurate with an early stage NGO of this nature.
Windward Fund Careers
Water Funder Initiative is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. As such, this position is accountable to the Board Chair of the Windward Fund. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund ‘s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state.
Applicants should send a PDF document with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Program Assistant.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through December 31st, 2018. (Note: Early applications are encouraged; those received by December 1st will receive priority)