Equality Act - Campaign Manager
- Experience Level
As a Canvass Director with Fund for Equality, a project of Fund for the Public Interest, you’ll help build the people power we need to achieve full equality for LGBTQ Americans. We are hiring for immediate positions, and positions beginning August 2019.
As a Canvass Director, you will run your own office and work on campaigns with the Human Rights Campaign. You’ll recruit supporters, raise money and mobilize thousands of people to take action. Being a director requires that you work independently, exercise good judgment, and work hard to meet the office’s staffing, campaign and fieldwork goals.
MEET GOALS FOR YOUR CAMPAIGN
Reach or exceed your office’s fundraising and membership goals. Most offices
have goals of educating 100,000 people, raising $250,000 and identifying 5,000 members each year.
RECRUIT, TRAIN & MANAGE STAFF
- Recruit, hire and manage a staff of 10-40 canvassers
- Train staff on effective canvassing and campaigning techniques
- Run staff meetings and skills trainings
- Evaluate staff performance and give ongoing feedback
- Identify strong staff, teach them leadership skills and promote from within
Lead by example. Canvass three to four times a week so you can train new staff, evaluate
current staff, raise money, identify and activate members, and educate the public on the issues.
RUN THE OFFICE
- Oversee administrative functions related to campaign goals, staff management, fundraising, membership development and general office management
- Ensure that funds raised and member information collected gets to the partner organizations
- Complete your staff’s payroll accurately and in a timely fashion
We are looking for college graduates who have leadership experience and excellent
communication skills, and who are willing to work hard to make lasting, positive change on important issues.
We have an excellent training program—it’s one of the things for which we’re most widely
recognized. All positions have a month long initial training, most of which is spent working
in an existing field office and getting hands-on experience. After that, we follow up with a
Throughout the year, new and experienced canvass directors will participate in advanced
trainings on staff management, canvassing, campaign strategy, media and public speaking.
We work on the campaigns that we think are the most pressing, and set up our ground
operations where we think we can make the biggest difference. We are running campaigns in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Miami, Milwaukee and Washington, D.C.
PAY AND BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for Canvass Directors is $27,500 - $31,500 in the first year,
depending on the position. Fund for Equality offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Fund for Equality is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
For Los Angeles-based positions: Fund for Equality will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Civil Rights / Advocacy up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Development / Fundraising Civil Rights / Advocacy up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Human Resources / Recruiting Civil Rights / Advocacy up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Program / Project Management Civil Rights / Advocacy up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Chicago