Massachusetts Campus Fellow
- Experience Level
CAREERS IN ORGANIZING
Students have been at the forefront of social change throughout history, from civil rights, to voting rights to protecting the environment. For over 40 years, the Student PIRGs have hired year-round, full-time Campus Organizers who help students get organized, mobilized and energized so they can create a greener, healthier, more meaningful future. Our organizers work with students on college campuses across the country, giving them the resources they need to make a difference on the issues they care about.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
With the Student PIRGs, you’ll start a career working with the next generation of students who, like you, believe students have the right and the responsibility to shape the future they will inherit. You will work with students at colleges to make sure they have the skills, opportunities and training they need to run strategic campaigns and win. Our 35 chapters on campuses provide the training, professional support and resources students need to decide the strategies and tactics they’ll use to run campaigns that promote clean energy, public health, a stronger democracy and more. As a Campus Organizer you will --
• Engage and mobilize hundreds of students
• Train students to run effective campaigns, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support, and coordinating lobby days
• Build a strong, sustainable, student-funded, and student-run organization on campus
• Build relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators
• Run a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues
Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to environmental, public interest, and/or student power issues, as well as a track record of leadership. We're looking for goal-driven and results-oriented individuals who have excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for the work.
PAY & BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,500 in the first year. The Student PIRGs offer a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
To learn more visit https://workforprogress.org/pirg-campus-action. We have immediate positions available and positions available starting Aug 2019.
We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Oregon, North Carolina, Connecticut, Maryland, & Washington.
The Student PIRGs are part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit www.publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
The Student PIRGs is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
For Los Angeles-based positions: the Student PIRGs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Development / Fundraising Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Human Resources / Recruiting Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Marketing / Communications Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Program / Project Management Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Worcester