- Experience Level
Position Summary: Responsible for managing the fundraising database, coordinating the administration of the donor acknowledgement program, providing customer service to donors, coordinating logistics for fundraising communications, social media and the annual fund appeals, both online and offline. The development manager also provides support to the Chief Executive Officer, managing her calendar of donor engagement.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Develop and implement fund development database; including data entry, reporting and list outputs, insuring accuracy of all data, and generating financial reports.
- Execute list segmentation queries and prepare final mailing lists for Development department mail and email campaigns.
- Prepare analysis of fundraising campaigns results and donor giving patterns to help determine effective fundraising plans.
- Research potential donors.
- Acknowledgement system administration:
- Maintain and improve the existing systems and processes to provide gift processing and acknowledgement, gift accounting, reporting and stewardship.
- Create acknowledgements for donors.
- Develop and implement the year-long communications calendar that coordinates email, social media, and event communications.
- Administer mail and online appeals regularly throughout the year, in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and the Board.
- Provide logistical and communications support for all special events as directed.
- Manage the affiliate's website and social media presence including routinely updating content
- Maintain a "clip file" of media coverage secured each year and produce a year-end report outlining all agency coverage.
- Coordinate the writing, design, preparation, production and distribution of Girls Inc. brochures, publications and collateral materials.
- Researches and evaluates "requests for proposals" and opportunities for grant funding.
- Works with the Chief Executive Officer, the Program Director and others to develop grant programs and to complete and submit grant proposals
- Tracks all grant funding including upcoming deadlines, submitted applications, and funded applications. Completes and submits all requiring reports and documentation for funders.
- Track and prepare reporting to all grantors as required by grant
- Prepare draft proposal for renewal requests
- Provide basic customer service to current and prospective donors via telephone and email.
- Process donations submitted online or via telephone.
- Ensure donors comments and feedback are passed along to the appropriate colleagues in the development and other departments.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to executive and board.
- Participate in special projects and take on additional tasks as requested.
- An articulated belief in the mission of Girls Inc.;
- 3+ years of general experience in non-profit fundraising
- Superior communications skills emphasizing the ability to write for a variety of audiences;
- Previous experience with data management or transferable skills with a proven track record of success a plus;
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial atmosphere;
- A sense of humor.