Communications & Development Assistant
- Degree Level
Communications and Development Assistant
Founded in 1900, Yaddo is a retreat for artists located on a 400-acre estate in Saratoga Springs, New York. Its mission is to nurture the creative process by providing an opportunity for artists to work without interruption in a supportive environment. Yaddo offers residencies to professional creative artists from all nations and backgrounds working in a broad range of disciplines.
Yaddo is looking for a part-time Communications and Development Assistant to support the varied work of our New York City office. Reporting to the Vice President/Branding and Strategic Initiatives, this entry-level position offers wide-ranging experience in the fields of arts communications and development. The Communications and Development Assistant will contribute to Yaddo’s social media and public relations presence, help write and research grant proposals and newsletters, and assist on special events.
This position is a good match for someone who:
- Communicates clearly
- Has an eye for design, skill with the written word, and pays close attention to detail
- Enjoys planning inspiring, well-executed events
- Is looking for engaging, meaningful part-time work (good for grad student, artist, writer, etc.) and insight into multiple facets of nonprofit management
- Support the work of senior philanthropy staff through a range of projects including research and grant proposal writing.
- Assist in planning, promoting and executing various events, including benefit dinners, donor cultivation events, the Artist Reunion, and “Yaddo in the Community” initiatives in Saratoga, New York City, and elsewhere.
- Assist with production and distribution of written communications materials (newsletters, Annual Report, meeting minutes, event materials).
- Contribute ideas and content for various digital platforms, including the website and social media.
- Answer phones; act as administrator of NYC office.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in an administrative capacity
- Familiarity with the non-profit arts world (as staff, volunteer, and/or consumer)
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills; ability to interact with senior leadership, Yaddo artist community, and the Yaddo Board with ease and confidence.
- Good project management skills working with colleagues in multiple office locations as well as outside service providers.
- Collaborative, can-do spirit; energetic, flexible demeanor; sense of humor
- Experience with digital media, website development, and social media strategy a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) required, familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software, WordPress CMS, and Adobe Creative Suite (or other design programs) a plus.
This is a part-time position (24 hours per week). Candidates will work 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week. It is not eligible for benefits. Yaddo is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this job
- A list of three references, with phone numbers and email addresses
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Arts / Culture / Humanities up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in New York City
- Development / Fundraising Arts / Culture / Humanities up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in New York City
- Marketing / Communications Arts / Culture / Humanities up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in New York City