Associate Development Officer
- Experience Level
The Associate Development Officer provides support to assigned areas of the Foundation. Establishes and maintains comprehensive programs and services that meet the demands of healthcare fundraising and fulfill the vision and mission of the Foundation in an organized, effective, innovative, and cost-effective manner. Broadens and maximizes support for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Provides exceptional donor recognition and value for gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, English, or related field
- 3 years of experience in development/fundraising
- 1 year of experience in successful solicitation of $10,000 major gifts
- 1 year of experience in successful annual fund coordination and gift solicitation in the $1-$9,999 donor segment
- Experience in direct mail
- 2+ years experience writing grant proposals and stewardship reports, including narrative and fiscal
- Experience with non-profit healthcare fundraising
- Experience in Raiser's Edge software
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven writing skills, including thorough knowledge and demonstrated accuracy of correct grammar
- Skilled in conducting research online and via other resources
- Excellent team building, communication, customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for conflict resolution, problem-solving, strategic planning and evaluations, and financial analysis
- Must have the ability to represent Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in a credible, effective manner among friends of the hospital, trustees, parents, individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Must possess excellent skills related to organization of work priorities, have the ability to meet multiple deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated professional educational enhancement such as through seminars and advanced training
- Knowledge of computer fundraising software
- Demonstrates team player attitude and positive approach
- Uses moves management philosophy to cultivate prospects by mail, telephone, personal meetings, and proposals.
- Supports annual goals and implements action plans in assigned areas which maximize Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta fundraising support.
- Works closely with Foundation leadership and other Foundation teams to implement a comprehensive systemwide solicitation program in assigned areas, encouraging ongoing support and stewarding prospects and donors through the fundraising continuum.
- Implements strategies for identifying potential prospects and growing donor base.
- Represents Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta appropriately at miscellaneous community functions to network and nurture new and existing relationships.
- Helps achieve annual revenue and other targets in areas of responsibility while minimizing cost to raise a dollar.
- Maintains close association with and expert knowledge of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Maintains up-to-date records on both prospects and donors via Raiser’s Edge.
- Supports and encourages staff professional development by communicating with peers in other organizations to generate new fundraising ideas.
- Participates in educational programs, professional organizations, and development activities to maintain knowledge of national trends and promote leading-edge performance.