ReStore Truck Driver (Local, Full-time)
- Position Type
- Full Time
ReStore, Atlanta Habitat’s home improvement outlet, is seeking an energetic, efficient and safety-minded truck driver to pick up donations and provide excellent customer service to our donors. Qualified candidates will have at least two years of professional driving experience, have DOT certification to drive a commercial straight truck, have a “customer first” mindset, be willing to follow all store policies and have the desire to work in a unique nonprofit retail environment.
The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. The ReStore Truck Driver provides a service to our donors by picking up donations.
The ReStore Truck Driver is directly responsible for:
- Picking up donated merchandise and unloading the truck.
- Interacting positively with donors and volunteers.
- Providing superior customer service to donors, prospective donors and store customers.
- All truck maintenance and adherence to all safety regulations.
- Following all store policies and procedures.
- Supporting store inventory, as needed.
The position is classified full-time, non-exempt, requiring 40 hours work per week. A full benefits package is offered including employer-subsidized health and vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), a retirement savings plan with employer matching and an employee gym. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The ReStore is open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. A flexible schedule, including occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) certifications for operating a commercial straight truck, including medical certification
- Minimum of two years of professional truck driving experience with a 24-foot or longer box truck.
- Experience loading and unloading trucks.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Able to drive a 24 foot automatic truck.
- Working knowledge of the Atlanta Metro area roadways
- Able to read maps and accurately plan efficient driving routes
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a significant portion of the work day, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- Able to supervise volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
How to Apply: To apply for this job, please follow the link www.atlantahabitat.org/apply. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Atlanta Habitat is located in the Reynoldstown neighborhood in Atlanta, and is near MARTA bus and rail lines.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug‐Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.