Director of Programs & Partnerships
- Position Type
- Full Time
WonderRoot is an arts organization that works to improve the cultural and social landscape of Atlanta through creative initiatives and community partnerships. The anchor of our organization is our Arts Center – a full service facility that supports artists, offers public programming and brings diverse voices together to envision and activate a stronger Atlanta.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs & Partnerships will be focused on institutionalizing new programmatic models, integrating social justices lenses into programming, and developing new initiatives. Through a cross-collaborative approach, this role will support fundraising efforts for programs and services; cultivate, sustain, and develop and manage community partnerships that help increase WonderRoot’s reach and brand; develop a strategy for program expansion (including documentation, resource sharing, and collateral material development) and supervise staff.
Program Oversight & Staff Development
- Work with Executive Director to identify, develop, and implement new opportunities for programmatic growth.
- Lead and manage department budget, revenue goals, and revenue projections.
- Be a leader and thought partner in developing new programs, targeting new and current audiences, and deepening and improving value and experience of current programs.
- Manage all program staff, and provide support, training, and coaching to ensure execution of programming and grant agreements.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance.
- Oversee development opportunities to ensure program staff’s continuous education and growth.
Strategy & Community Partnerships
- Build and manage relationships with local community organizations.
- In conjunction with Executive Director, develop and implement a strategy to advance and expand the organization’s programming and presence locally and nationally.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of artist and civic/social organization activations.
- In conjunction with Development consultant, identify potential program specific funding sources.
- Support the overarching development and implementation of the organization’s fundraising strategy, including attending meetings with funders.
- Support grant writing efforts and requests by providing program data points and details.
- Evaluate earned income potential thorough existing or new programs.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a senior management role ideally in program development and design.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Superior communication skills: written, verbal, and oral. Strong ability and experience with building relationships and working with various stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage projects simultaneously and to set priorities.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff.
- Experience facilitating group discussions and group decision-making.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical, as well as strategic, thinker.
- Technology proficient.
WonderRoot is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
Application Requirements: Individuals interested in the position should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS in the subject. Please note that while there is no deadline for applicants, WonderRoot intends for this position to be filled as soon as possible. No phone calls.