Conference Coordinator (Job#5637)
- Experience Level
WestEd Position Announcement Benefits Highlights
- All health benefits effective first of the month following date of hire
- 15% contribution toward retirement effective day one of employment
- 15 vacation days, which will increase to 20 days per year beginning the 4th year of employment
- 12 holidays
- 12 days sick leave per year
Position Title: Conference Coordinator Reports to: Financial Analyst/Program Coordinator Program: Teacher Professional Development Program Salary: Level D: Competitive Salary (DOE) Location: San Francisco, CA Time Base: 100% Position No: 5637
WestEd — a nonpartisan, nonprofit research, development, and service agency — works with education and other communities throughout the United States and abroad to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. WestEd has offices nationwide, from Massachusetts, Vermont, and Georgia, to Arizona and California, with headquarters in San Francisco.
WestEd’s Strategic Literacy Initiative (SLI) helps students become more motivated and successful readers and writers. Using the research-based instructional framework, Reading Apprenticeship, SLI offers intensive hands-on training to improve the teaching effectiveness of content-area middle and high school teachers, community college instructors, literacy coaches, and teacher educators nationwide.
To support the work of SLI through a variety of administrative and coordination tasks including event planning and coordination, processing of financial documents, travel coordination, on-site event support (some travel required), data entry, materials production, and general project support.
Nature and Scope of Work:
This position will work closely with the Program Coordinators to facilitate ongoing project work in an organized, timely, and efficient manner. This position will be assigned certain training events to coordinate and will provide support to the entire SLI team (a mix of in-office and remote colleagues).
This position requires problem-solving skills, flexibility, experience balancing a heavy load of varied tasks, excellent teamwork skills and the commitment to follow through. The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy, well-organized, and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Additionally, we are seeking a candidate who will take initiative on challenging projects as well as be good-natured and eager to help out with all levels of tasks.
- Coordinate multiple assigned trainings throughout the year; including location selection, logistics and planning, set up, catering, equipment, materials shipments, room arrangement, etc.
- Review, process and monitor financial & travel paperwork across the project, including: purchasing requests, invoice/stipend payments, travel reimbursement requests
- Make travel arrangements for staff & consultants
- Compile, organize, and prepare data related to grants, training registration, and training completion for analysis and reporting
- Provide Microsoft Office support, including slide deck creation, proofreading, citations, and formatting
- Provide general administrative support as needed, including data-entry, copying, organizing, collating information packets, shipping, bulk mailings & mail merges, etc.
- Order, maintain, inventory and organize office supplies & video library
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience in a professional environment, with at least two years of event coordination experience
- Previous experience supporting a multi-person team (many of whom are off-site) strongly preferred
- AA degree required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Work experience in an education or non-profit setting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, organize, and complete work around multiple tasks and multiple deadlines with a variety of different staff members in a fast-paced environment
- High tolerance for ambiguity, changing work priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and to prioritize work across multiple areas
- Excellent written communication and organization skills, demonstrating careful attention to detail
- Proficiency with data entry and management across platforms (exporting from one application, importing to another, with reliable results); Salesforce experience highly desirable
- Proficiency with the following software & cloud-based applications: MS Office Suite for Mac & Windows, required; Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Smartsheet, Box, Concur, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, & Canvas desirable
- Ability to lift and move boxes of books and training materials, as needed (up to 30 lbs.)
We invite you to Apply for this Position.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the online application process, please call 415.615.3170. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, you may send an email to email@example.com with "Applicant Accommodation" in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals with a disability who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. If you are not an individual with a disability and have a question or comment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.