Veterans Workforce Development Employment Specialist
7 days left
- Experience Level
HOPE Atlanta is a non-profit agency based out of downtown Atlanta that specializes in assisting individuals and their families find affordable housing. We have a program that specializes in helping veterans with housing and finding job opportunities.
We are seeking a part-time specialist to help our veterans find job opportunities.
Placing eligible veterans into stable employment through job placement. Identify employers willing to work to provide long term employment opportunities through short term training programs in high demand fields. Work in tandem with Program Coordinator and Employment Transition Coach to ensure program goals are met.
- Work as directed to support the HOPE Atlanta organization and team members
- Develop and coordinate linkages to job skills training resources in high demand jobs
- Develop a resource base of employers committed to giving priority hiring attention to veterans
- Arrange interviews with employers and work with participants on job retention issues
- Coordinate with veteran community and private employment resources to ensure participant has access to available resources
- Document and maintain complete records as required; monitor and verify services provided
- Responsible for locating and matching veterans to professional certification courses
- Develop resumes suitable for job expectations according to veteran’s varied skill sets
- Responsible for recruiting potential employers and facilitating individual job placement
- Managing the veteran’s progress related to their Employment Development Plan
- Responsible for locating basic financial and life skills training workshops
- Meet monthly goals set forth for each veteran in terms of placement into the VWDP program and job placement
- Assist veterans with resolving possible barriers to employment such as housing, transportation issues, childcare and medical needs
- Match job requirements with veteran’s skill set and employment needs
- Provides financial assistance with vouchers for job related new hire items
- Assists in fund raising opportunities and participants in agency donor and community events
- Attend all trainings and organizational meetings as directed by supervisor
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience in the field employment development/placement and case management experience
- Knowledgeable of employment assessment tools and developing client plans
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a job developer/employment specialist with demonstrated skills in working with vulnerable populations
- Ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with employers and community contacts
- Ability to meet deadlines in a goal driven environment
- Must have a vehicle in good condition
- Valid GA Driver’s License with a good driving re
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Knowledge of veterans’ homeless issues, mental illness, addiction, and PTSD.
Interested applicants are to submit a cover letter and resume to Sean Monroe, Assistant Deputy Director.
Salary based on experience.
HOPE Atlanta is an EOE.