Accounts Payable Specialist
- Experience Level
- Process all domestic vendor invoices (currently using ACS church management software): assign G/L numbers, match to contracts or purchase orders, obtain approval signatures, input accurately by month, pay on time, file, etc. Position will interface with vendors as appropriate and handle check disbursement.
- Process all broadcast media invoices:assign G/L numbers, match to contracts, maintain logs/estimates; process for payment by third party.
- Process all international vendor invoices:assign G/L numbers, maintain logs; process for payment by international wire.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Use Excel to perform various special analyses (such as vendor recaps of charges, balance sheet account reconciliations, monthly departmental budget input, media and wire payment logs).
- Make weekly deposits (2 times per week).
- Invoicing satellite partners, lessees and other offices; monitoring accounts receivables for those invoices.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Analyses of balance sheet and expense accounts
- Prepare annual Form 1099 submissions.
- Fixed asset tracking and depreciation schedules.
- Assist Senior Director of Finance and Staff Accountant in scanning, filing and other miscellaneous projects.
- Post high school education required with bookkeeping coursework.
- One to four years of experience in Accounts Payable and/or General Ledger using accounting software.
- In agreement with our Doctrinal Statement (documented below).
- Possesses the personal qualities of integrity; highest level of attention to detail; ability to manage and organize multiple projects, tasks, priorities and deadlines; excellent problem-solving skills; and ability to handle a high volume of transaction processing in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Must work well with others in a friendly and encouraging teamwork atmosphere with a drive to achieve personal and organizational success through personal performance excellence and a servant mindset toward others.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word.