Customer Service Specialist
- Experience Level
1. Answers phone calls (by the third ring) in a friendly, courteous manner and determines the customer service need.
- Sets up new accounts and enters new customer data; if a restart, searches for previous orders and credits sales representative when applicable; informs customers of pricing, taxes and shipping details on order being placed. Sets up payment and codes the account Makes appropriate changes or updates to accounts, such as change of address, phone number, or quantity for order; verifies key data in system to ensure accurate account records Researches and responds to status requests, such as expected delivery date, invoicing, payments, etc.
2. Generates correspondence to secure additional customer information or resolve customer disputes.
- Calculates, enters, prints, verifies and distributes customer invoices; records payments, processes credit cards Maintains electronic or hard copy files of all documentation Produce letters for both BGM and TWFYT Customers for donors and sub renewals
3. Stays current with knowledge of product information, production and delivery schedules, marketing and promotion materials and other information necessary to provide excellent customer service.
- Reviews and recommends updates to Customer Service Department Procedure Manual Attends staff and organization meetings Coordinates with members of other departments Teaches others in the department how to perform their role and learns how to perform other Customer Service positions (cross training).
4. Produces fulfillment documents.
- Generates reports to ensure fulfillment processes are correct
5. Willingly completes other duties as assigned.
1. Safety Awareness: Works in a safe and responsible manner to help ensure an accident-free environment.
2. Integrity: Is honest in dealings with peers, managers and external business relationships; maintains the security and confidentiality of information obtained on a daily basis.
3. Workplace etiquette: Creates a favorable impression on our visitors and co-workers; displays good manners and a professional appearance. Arrives to work on time and completes daily schedule.
4. Communication: Participates in attentive listening within the department and the organization to fully understand other’s needs; provides proper written, verbal and non-verbal messages.
5. Customer Relations: Committed to providing the highest quality of service by treating our customers with the utmost courtesy and respect. Produces clear, concise and accurate written messages to customers, including emails and letters. Speaks clearly and respectfully while talking with customers.
6. Teamwork: Cooperates within the department or other company group members to achieve a common goal; brings individual skills together for the good of the whole company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: High School Diploma, with a two year degree preferred
Previous experience in accounting, customer service or administrative position
Possesses strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to work with office software, including Microsoft Office, CRM and/or accounting software.