Adjunct Instructor, Business and Leadership
- Position Type
- Part Time
The department of Business and Leadership is seeking applicants for adjunct instructors. This is a non-tenure teaching position, with the responsibility of teaching up to four courses at the undergraduate and graduate level in areas of business and leadership beginning in the Spring 2019 semester. There is the possibility of additional teaching assignments in the future.
Beulah Heights University (BHU) is a Christian University located in Atlanta, Georgia founded in 1918. BHU offers a curriculum centered on Biblical principles with the mission to prepare students for service in the ministry and marketplace. Students in this program are challenged to develop their competence and professional development.
- Teach up to four courses in Business or Leadership.
- Meet and contribute regularly as part of a faculty team.
- Coach and mentor students in areas of professional and academic development.
Under the direction of the Academic Chair:
Develop and manage syllabus materials. The adjunct instructor is responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and or/online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to course learning objectives.
Coordinate courseware and curriculum with academic department chair. The adjunct instructor is responsible for reviewing any textbook and other courseware changes with the academic chair.
Facilitate Class Instruction. The adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching assigned classes in accordance with learning objectives and course plan outlines as specified by the Department of Business and Leadership at Beulah Heights University.
Evaluate Student Performance. The adjunct instructor is expected to administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics. All grades will be posted in FAWeb.
Adhere to Protocol Guidelines. The adjunct instructor is responsible for following all the guidelines as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
Response Promptly to Grade Determination. The adjunct instructor should submit grades for any assignments, exams and verification of course completion by the date determined by the Registrar.
- Masters degree in Business, Leadership, or a related field.
- Terminal degree in Business, Leadership, or a related field (Applicants who are ABD will be considered).
- Experience teaching business or leadership courses.
- Experience teaching in online or digital environments.
Applications must include the following:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Application letter providing a statement of faith that expresses how you will integrate a Christian worldview into your teaching/learning process.