Senior Associate, Conference
- Position Type
- Full Time
Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Women Deliver conferences started in 2007, and the upcoming one will be our 5th. It has grown to be the world’s largest and most influential conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. The conference, which will be held June 3-6 2019 in Vancouver, will gather 6 - 7,000 participants - Heads of States and UN agencies, ministers, parliamentarians, Nobel Laureates, royals, private sector and civil society executives, young people, experts, academics, advocates, activists, and journalists from more than 150 countries. In addition, at least 100,000 people across the globe will participate in online and off-line sessions before, during, and after the conference via partner events (Satellite Events).
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Associate, Satellite Events for the Women Deliver 2019 Conference will play a project and coordinator role in the Satellite sessions and viewing parties which will take place in countries and communities around the world leading up to, during, and after the conference to foster a deep dive into the issues related to girls and women. Organized by NGOs, universities, corporations, and individuals alike, these sessions add to the richness and reach of the Conference. The aim is to ignite collaboration and fuel a bolder global movement toward gender equality, women’s rights, and improved health and wellbeing of girls and women, using the Women Deliver 2019 Conference as an opportunity and news hook.
The Senior Associate will serve in this capacity from August 2018 – September 2019. The role may have the ability to extend thru December 2019 either full time or as a consultant to help support conference evaluations. While this is a one-year role, this position is full-time with full employee benefits. The Senior Associate will report to the Senior Manager, WD2019 Conference and will work closely with the other Conference staff as well as the Communications Team.
Accountabilities with Senior Manager, WD2019:
- Serve as a project coordinator for the Women Deliver 2019 Conference Satellite Events (which will occur remotely, offsite, and virtually) and include debates, seminars, live streaming events, and conference viewing parties.
- Utilize the Satellite Events to serve as a Conference drum beat, ensuring the key goals of the Conference are carried thru offsite and virtually.
- Inspire engagement among partners who will oversee and undertake the Satellite Events – and ensure each partner has the tools, communication materials, and training to deliver impact.
- In coordination with the Conference and Communications teams, determine the best way to bring Satellite Events into the Vancouver Conference Center – potentially via live or recorded broadcast
- Develop idea catalogue and promotional materials, working in coordination with the Communications Team.
- Develop Satellite Event suggestions and help share and disseminate logistical and event best practices.
- Partner with the Communications Team to ensure relevant Satellite Events are publicized on the Conference Website and via social media, and that video and photos of key events are captured and shared when appropriate.
- Partner with the Director, Program Quality & Compliance to develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting.
- Manage Partner and Satellite Event databases including via the use of Salesforce and Smartsheet.
- Represent Women Deliver in meetings and at events.
- Other broader conference level tasks as assigned by the Senior Manager, Conference.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required, Masters preferred.
- 4-6 years of work experience.
- Experience working on high level events, conferences and supporting content and execution remotely.
- Prior issue and partner management experience to have the decision-making skills and gravitas necessary to work with high level partners.
- Experience with broad communications and marketing best practices – to ensure events are captured and publicized appropriately.
- Experience with database management, excel management and scheduling required.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated budget management and financial skills.
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented.
- Superb English language writing and editing skills; professional communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with diverse audiences, consultants, and organizations to ensure productive partnerships.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and projects, and to be flexible to change should these approaches need course correcting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentation.
- Experience using project management online tools.
- French language skills preferred.
- Other language skills preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed internationally.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States, without sponsorship.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org